Thread: 24' Almar jet boat

Default 24' Almar jet boat

I have a old hamiltom jet with 7" dia. impellers that are going to be replaced not rebuilt. I was told that I should put on a 19 overlap then a #5 19 degree and a #4 24 degree. I will also be changing to a kodiak pozzi nozzle. what do you guys think. I really don"t know to much about it. Thanks AK D

How many RPMS did your engine turn the previous impellers? How much horse power and torque does your engine have, what is it's displacement ? What was previous top end and cruise speed ?

The old ones were wore out and I could hit 5000 rpms and stillo not get on plane. it"s 300 hp. not sure about the rpms

I would give Kodiak Marine a call and see what setup they recommend.

I am assuming you have a Chevy 350?

Yeah I would say your old impellers were worn out if you were hitting 5,000 rpm! WOW thats high.

When you call KEM ask them about the correct nozzle size as well since that will make a difference on performance to.

My boat has a 454 chevy in it and yes WOW . Only hit that for a few seconds and shut it down as not to blow it up, thanks I'll give kodiak marine a call

Another option for jet parts is Scott, they produce performance impellers, trimable nozzles and adjustable nozzles. The US distributor for them is Jeff at http://www.schlagelmarine.com/

You can check ww.meanchicken.net for lots of jet and jetboat info and possible used impellers.