Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News reporters to decide how many rifles is a arsenal

Default News reporters to decide how many rifles is a arsenal

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257638,00.html

As a former (retired) Law Dawg, I am curious about just how much pot was the supposed small amount. Unfortunately any amount of dope or the thought of it is usually used as a key to open many a door.
    (Buy me a beer sometime and I will tell you how the feds taught us how to read a common grocery list as if a major drug lord had written it)
    And if one of the people in the car did have a pot pipe it tends to make the anti gun types label the rest of us collectors, hunters, and marksmen as dopers... or any other excuse they need...

None of the weapons in the photo is legal. So why the media throphy shot????

Makes you wonder what the new breed of feds and their media allies would call whatever they dig out of any of our houses or vehicles...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...er_Arrest.html
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default guns

Looks like all of the firearms in this picture are legal to own, unless your in a GUN Control state and don't have a license.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default legal guns?

Looks like all are legal to me

Not touchin this one

Default What no weapons charges?

If there are never any charges brought for the weapons, it will be interesting to see if the press reports on their disposition. Will he get them back? Will they be destroyed w/o compensation? Will we get emails about were to bid on them at auction?

The story was speeding and drugs? What's with the picture of guns? Somehow, I get the feeling that the message we are supposed to get was it's just a little pot, but look he has guns. Guns Bad! But it's just a little pot.

Default range day

Looks fine and legal to me.

Just a guy on his way to the range to teach girl scouts a firearms proficiency class.

I guess the 111 mph was his only infraction as far as I can see.

Looks like a clear case of reverse profiling and reverse discrimination against a whiteboy.

jedi

All of the firearms in the vehicle are legal. They only thing that was not legal for civilian ownership (and this is really retarded), is the automatic knife.

Generally, anyone who talks to a cop during a traffic stop is stupid. Never talk to the cops. They are not your friends, they are not there to help you, they are there to arrest you, that is what cops do.

Cops will routinely use the "instant probable cause" (drug dog), to open a vehicle if they have their shorts in a knot. It is simplicity itself, and I have seen the technique used several times in the past years when I am at someones house and they watch a cop show: the drug dog is bought to the vehicle and the dogcop proceeds around the car, notice the dogcop putting his hand surreptitiously into his coat pocket where he touches a small amount of dope (he is responsible for the training of the dog, and in order to do that must have a small stash), then you see him touch an area of the car, almost always the trunk, the dog sniffs it and goes crazy. Instant probable cause. Besides, after they found the firearms, they probably dropped some stash into his car so they could make the bust, as without the dope, all they have is a traffic ticket.

No I will not buy you a beer so you can tell me how the FEDGOD did this or that. Right now I can come into your home and find bomb components, and bomb making materials, not to mention I could find WMD components. If a FED really had one on for you, you'd go to jail and yet be totally innocent. Besides, all the ATF has to do is make up a search warrant and put "weapons violations" on it as most people have firearms in their homes. It is tried and true method of gaining access to innoccent homes for fishing expeditions. It's thrown out, but that is beside the point.

Going 25 over will get you busted just about anywhere.

Default Bye Bye

Under Rico he can say Bye-Bye to all of his guns,and SUV whether he gets convicted or not. They won't come back.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

Default not rico

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Under Rico he can say Bye-Bye to all of his guns,and SUV whether he gets convicted or not. They won't come back.
    Don't think it applies.

RICO is racketeering influenced and corrupt organizations act.

He is an individual not an organization.

Racketeering usually involves a year or more duration and communications across state lines like phones.

http://usinfo.state.gov/eap/Archive_Index/rico.html

jedi

Default maybe not

Put 5000 bucks and get stopped on a traffic ticket and you'll see.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post

........Generally, anyone who talks to a cop during a traffic stop is stupid. Never talk to the cops. They are not your friends, they are not there to help you, they are there to arrest you, that is what cops do......Besides, after they found the firearms, they probably dropped some stash into his car so they could make the bust, as without the dope, all they have is a traffic ticket.
    Sorry, can't let this one go by. I am taking off my moderator hat for this one.

You are flat wrong and way out there on this one. Your post reeks of paranoia. (Pun intended) I think you know what causes that as well as I do. Don't come around here and bash law enforcement and make accusations based on your own paranoia. Save your anti-cop paranoid statements and accusations for a blog somewhere else.

I have friends who are cops and there are a some who frequent these forums who are great guys.

Moderator hat going back on now:

This is a family site and many minors read these posts. Please do not post anti-law enforcement statements. We do not condone that attitude here.

Default Moderator

Are you including all forms of law enforcement into that defense. Are you saying prosecutors never try to advance their careers by illeagal or immoral means? Hear of the Duke rape case. There are several here in Alaska too. Did you know a District Attorney can have someone indicted using evidence that they know they can never use at trial. If there is a high profile case a D.A. will do whatever it takes to get his name in the paper. That portion of law enforcement is a poltical orgy. Everyone just wants there turn in the limelight.

I'm saying to make blanket statements like he made are not accurate. It's no different than saying something like "all hunters are poachers". Yes, there are those who abuse thier authority. I have been on the receving end of that. But to say "talking to cops is stupid and that they are not your friends" is a an extreme statement and is just not true.

My concern was over your statement of no anti-law enforcement comments. Their have already been many post in several threads about over zealous troopers. I was wondering if this was a new policy or if it was ignored in the past. I understand your concern about blanket statements they usually are false. What you can say is that in ones own experience law enforcement have been one way or another. Isnt that what this forum is for. Giving advice based on ones own experience.
    My own generalized statement is that most officers are good, hard working guys that are in danger every day. As in all walks of life there a some individuals that take advantage of their position. The difference is if officer of the law uses that advantage illegally the consequences are severe for the civillian.

Quote Originally Posted by fishlakehome View Post
    My concern was over your statement of no anti-law enforcement comments. Their have already been many post in several threads about over zealous troopers. I was wondering if this was a new policy or if it was ignored in the past. I understand your concern about blanket statements they usually are false. What you can say is that in ones own experience law enforcement have been one way or another. Isnt that what this forum is for. Giving advice based on ones own experience.
    My own generalized statement is that most officers are good, hard working guys that are in danger every day. As in all walks of life there a some individuals that take advantage of their position. The difference is if officer of the law uses that advantage illegally the consequences are severe for the civillian.
    I guess I should have clarified it more. Blanket statements that are "anti-law" or that condone that type of an attitude really have no place here. We do not condone anti-law enforcement attitudes or any behavior that breaks the law. If anything AOD condones respect for our laws and law enforcement officers. Conversations about specific experiences are a different matter and even then they can end up headed down a slippery slope. We've had a few of them around here in the past.

Bad choice of words on my part, sorry. I hope I have defined it more. I guess I made a general statement in trying to deal with a general statement....hmmm. sorry.

Default Amen

I had a friend who was an avid 98 mauser collector, he had a specimen of every military mauser made from 1891 on including the correct bayonets. These weren't the cheap imports of today but very nice military trophies and rarities, I had never laid eyes on before. They were displayed on his walls in cronological order, imagine 100 years of military history, to knowledgeable people a wonderment (in excess of $900,000 bucks). But his townhome deleloped a water leak while he was away on a hunting trip and his land-lady let the plumber in to fix the leak, as it was flooding the next door apt as well.
    The plumber called ATF and reported the guy had an arsenal in his house. That lead to a dynamic raid and confiscation of his collection. Their excuse for the confiscation was he had a 13mm mauser anti-tank rifle(he also had the papers for it in the safe). They gave all the guns back, a year later, they were all rusty and the stocks were dented and abused and some of the bayonets were missing. THEY WERE SORRY, for the misunderstanding, but weren't responsible for damages or attorney fees.
    The world of Alaska isn't like the rest of our great nation, we are isolated and don't see what happens in the outside as much.

Default Snyd

I really wasnt trying to be anal or jump on you. Thanks for the clarification. I also dont think anything seen on the t.v. or read in the paper is worth basing an opinion on. Troopers and police are and should be held to a higher standard. The actions hold so much more power. Some D.A.'s are in another class by themselves and in most cases are above the law and treat their position as a political platform.
    No harm, good back and forth discussion, respect for both. Other threads should read that way. Sorry for the hiccup in thread origin.

Default Quality

I have nothing but respect for quality-honest police officers. Today the standard seems to be quantity not quality though. I too know quite a few law enforcement officers and most are likeable.

I really wasnt trying to be anal or jump on you. Thanks for the clarification. I also dont think anything seen on the t.v. or read in the paper is worth basing an opinion on. Troopers and police are and should be held to a higher standard. The actions hold so much more power. Some D.A.'s are in another class by themselves and in most cases are above the law and treat their position as a political platform.
    No harm, good back and forth discussion, respect for both. Other threads should read that way. Sorry for the hiccup in thread origin.
    No prob. I didn't take it that way at all. I appreciate you pointing out my lack of clarity.

I have been on the wrong side of the law in my younger years. Most of the time I deserved what I got. There was a time or two when I was "strong armed by the law" and had to deal with what I thought was unfair treatment. But, there were also times when I should have been locked up for a day or two and the officer let me slide. They aren't all bad and I don't mind talking to them at all. Of course, I'm not involved in illegal activity anymore either!

I spent some time as a balif and saw judges let folks slide that I probably would have thrown the book at!

I guess it works both ways. But, abuse of power and authority has no place in our society that's for sure. Too bad it's there. Makes the genuine good guys look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    You are flat wrong and way out there on this one. Your post reeks of paranoia. (Pun intended) "I think you know what causes that as well as I do." Don't come around here and bash law enforcement and make accusations based on your own paranoia. Save your anti-cop paranoid statements and accusations for a blog somewhere else.

This is a family site and many minors read these posts. Please do not post anti-law enforcement statements. We do not condone that attitude here.
    Sir, you need to find a good dictionary and look up the definitions of the word "paranoia". You make the mistake of confusing irrational fear with prudent caution. You seem unable to make the distinction between prudent caution, and antipathy too. Again, please avail yourself of a dictionary. I did catch the not so subtle implication. That is uncalled for.
    I too have known a few cops. Which is precisely why I posted what I did. I fully believe in laws, which is why I also believe in my consitutional rights which you have some confusion understanding. Your confusion is something I have seen many times. I will continue to prefer my caution, and I will not post any common sense thoughts regarding LEO/non-LEO interactions in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast