Thread: Winchester model 67

Default Winchester model 67

Does anyone know how to remove the bolt from a winchester model 67? I believe it is a 1935-1936 model as it has no markings on the trigger guard, finger grooves on the forend, a chromed bolt and a petruding take down screw. The rifle has sat for about 30 years.The wood and the bluing are very good but the bolt is a little sticky from the old oil left on it. I want to get it all cleaned up and running smooth again. My Grandfather and I were the last ones to fire it and it was cleaned and put away after that. I don't remember the take down proceedure as I was 10 then. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Been a long time but I think you just hold the trigger and pull it out, may need to take off the stock but I ain't too sure.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yep pull the trigger
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yep, you're reaching way back into my memory banks on that one, but the trigger is the key. If the bolt is already open, push it forward a half to a quarter of the way, then pull the trigger and pull the bolt straight back out. I don't recall having to remove it from the stock first, but that could be yet another memory gap.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Yep, you're reaching way back into my memory banks on that one, but the trigger is the key. If the bolt is already open, push it forward a half to a quarter of the way, then pull the trigger and pull the bolt straight back out. I don't recall having to remove it from the stock first, but that could be yet another memory gap.
    had to get mine out of the gun cabinet to check... yep... pull trigger to remove bolt and pull trigger to replace bolt...

Dang, a win for geezer memory. Gotta celebrate that on the rare occasions it happens!!!

Thanks.

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm. Now it's time to get her all cleaned up and running smooth.

Thanks again,
    John
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb