Thread: Getting Hits while raining

Default Getting Hits while raining

The forecast looks pretty grim this weekend for Unit 7 and was just wondering what the concensus is for getting hits while its raining. Last year I didnt see squat while it was raining. It probably cuts down the scent real good.
    Dont really want to waste the time and gas if its a downpour.

I've shot two bears during and just after the rain, and most of my moose during the rain. It's really tough with archery gear, as the blood disappears. I like a bullet to the melon when its raining so I don't need to track.

I got a bear 2 years ago within minutes of a break in the rain

Fresh Snow 1/3 of the way down the mountain last night, should make the high ones easy to spot.

rained a little the day I got mine this year, after talking to some others it seems the bears are pretty active during the rain.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I shot a bear last night during the rain. Shot her with my bow, but she only ran 17 yards so didnt need a blood trail.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Hunting partner went and stayed all night last night in the rain. Only bear thats been hittin showed up about 2:30 am and stayed about 45 minutes. Didnt shoot cause not enough light to make a good shot.

Hunted last night in a storm rained from 430 till 430 am didnt see a thing went back to camp checked bait again around 9am a griz had hit the bait. Going agin next Saturday and Sunday hoping to get my son one will see.

My daughter shot one Friday night in between thunder showers and WIND. I have always found hunting in the rain is better for bears AND moose...

Went out Saturday and it was raining off and on. Had a little freshly kicked out by mom cub come in and do a big circle and leave. Half hour later a big bear came in and cleaned me out in 5 minutes. Im kicking myself because I put the bait in a spot that didnt allow a good shot, so I had to pass. I dont really have a bait barrel anymore because they tore it into pieces (Dont use a 5-gallon bucket). I got some insane helmet cam footage of the bear about 15 yards away from me. I could have shot him in the head, but just didnt want to mangle him. It was a rush sitting behind a fallen tree by myself with this real nice bear that close. Im going back on Saturday to finish the deed.