Thread: BOW (becoming an outdoor woman) class?

Default BOW (becoming an outdoor woman) class?

Well my prayers have been answered, My wifes most recent outdoors expierence I feared might send her packing out of the woods forever. Fortunately for her (and me) it seems to have had the oppisite effect. she has requested last night we start spending family time at the range so she can feel more capable and asked if I know anything about the BOW classes. Well I dont know anything about the BOW classes but was hoping to get feedback from forum folks here in regards to the quality?
    Soon I hope to get her on here as well although she is not much of an internet girl
    Thanks
    Jason

J, My wife has been attending BOW events for several years-first as a participant, then as staff. Excellent program.

I have had friends do the BOW classes. I hunted Raspberry a few years back and the BOW folks came out the day after I left and from what I hear and saw they had a great time. Did some dear hunting and good fellowship. My wife is talking about maybe doing some classes herself. Her girl friend just got done with the archery class and is now looking to buy her own setup.

My wife took the BOW weekend long intro class winter before last with three of her friends. When she got home Sunday night she talked continuosly for 3 hours telling me all about it. They had a fantastic timre and all of them want to go back. After taking the intro class additional BOW trips become available. I wish they had a similar offering for men. Some of the classes sound really fun with expert instructors.

Glad to hear your wife is bouncing back from your encounter. That would have scared anybody no matter how seasoned.

BOW classes rock! I recommend them without reservation. And sometimes men can even attend.

I was wondering how the unusual moose experience was going to affect her. Sounds like she wants to become proficient and wants to continue your outdoor time together. Bad day for that moose for sure. But sounds like your wife knows that there will be many more great days for both of you---out of the house and hunting whenever possibe.
    So many males and females talk a tough game based on what they have heard from sombody else. I believe it is absolutely great that she wants to gain her own actual experience and experiences!
    Take the bow class. take it together.
    Interesting thought process......dennis

Jason, just another suggestion, you might see if your wife is interested in joining the women's forum, sounds like a lot of the gals are exchanging some great info there. Agree with everyone else, the BOW courses rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Jason, just another suggestion, you might see if your wife is interested in joining the women's forum, sounds like a lot of the gals are exchanging some great info there. Agree with everyone else, the BOW courses rock.
    Yep she got going last night. Although she has to wait for access from admin. Great idea for that forum, glad they added it.

Positive responses all the way around, that's a good sign. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Jason, I would like to invite your wife to the women's forum...Great bunch of ladies there!
    We have a several threads going on the BOW topic for her to check out!

Here's the link to the BOW website... http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...on.bowschedule
    Classes fill up fast.
    Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

I hope my bride gets in next year so she can start doing the chain sawing
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Jason - please let your wife know that there is a BOW rifle class this week in Anchorage. Wednesday and Thursday night, June 8th & 9th. I just signed up for the class last week and there's only 4 women in the class so far (class size limit is 12). I won a cow moose permit and it will be my first hunt, so I'm really looking forward to this class. It sounds like the type of thing your wife is looking for. Hope to see her there!

Thanks for the invite. Mariah says thank you as well. Unfortunately she's a restaurant manager that works late hours so won't be able to do that class last minute. Although she's filling out the august 5-7 weekend seminar regestration as I type. Boy I know how to pick birthday presents good luck with your cow and thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubegarnish View Post
    Jason - please let your wife know that there is a BOW rifle class this week in Anchorage. Wednesday and Thursday night, June 8th & 9th. I just signed up for the class last week and there's only 4 women in the class so far (class size limit is 12). I won a cow moose permit and it will be my first hunt, so I'm really looking forward to this class. It sounds like the type of thing your wife is looking for. Hope to see her there!

Hey thanks for the personal invite and pm. Mariah already feels welcome here and hasn't even posted yet.
    Man I'm green with envy! I want to go. The class options over the weekend are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Grandma View Post
    Hi Jason, I would like to invite your wife to the women's forum...Great bunch of ladies there!
    We have a several threads going on the BOW topic for her to check out!

Here's the link to the BOW website... http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...on.bowschedule
    Classes fill up fast.
    Grandma Lori