Thread: Kids' Day at Birchwood Range Saturday--All Free

Default Kids' Day at Birchwood Range Saturday--All Free

Several of the shooting clubs are sponsoring Kids' Day again this Saturday. June 4, at the Birchwood Pistol and Rifle Range. The range will be closed to everyone else during the event.

Kids will have opportunities to learn about several shooting sports, and shoot many types of guns, all for free! Kids must be accompanied by an adult, for the obvious reasons. I even heard rumors that there might be some machine guns to try out.

This annual event has been really popular, and it is a cool way to introduce kids to the shooting sport.

Best Regards,
    Jim

Several of us will be at the event with archery for the kids also. Sounds like a ton of fun.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I just received an email from Birchwood--it looks like the whole range will be dedicated to Youth Day--shotgun trap, skeet, and five stand, and all the pistol and rifle ranges.
    Jim

Youth Day Event registration reached the limit of 600 kids early--NO MORE can be accomodated today. I just wanted to save any possible futile trips out to Birchwood.

Incidentally, the range is closed to the general public and to EPM usage all day for the event. EPM's will be able to shoot after the event closes down. (I would guess around 6 to 6:30 this evening).

Regards,
    Jim

The registration of 600 was reportedly finished by April 30, so if you have kids that want to go you have to register early. I was unaware of this and brought my 14 yr old son, due to no-shows he was allowed to participate and so were another couple kids. Overall it was super well run event and my son and I had a hoot. I think we ran over 400 kids through an intro to the NASP archery program
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem