Thread: "Double Tap Ammo Company" top shelf service.....

Thumbs up "Double Tap Ammo Company" top shelf service.....

I just love a Company that I can call and a human answers the phone, and is helpful and knowledgeable. Long story short I ordered some Double Tap .45 Long Colt 360 gr. hard cast cartridges from "Alaska High Performance Ammo" (Forum member: "Akrstabout"). For Big Fuzzy applications in my new Winchester 1892.

I became concerned about the long cartridges feeding up from the feed tube to the elevator for chamber alignment. Well called "Double Tap" and expressed my concern. The man measured the OAL of the 360 gr. & 335 gr. & 225 gr. cartridges and gave me the OAL. He then said, "Can I but you on hold, and cycle the 360 gr. HC cartridges through our factory 1892".....? He did, they cycled, me happy.

I just love a company that cares about service.

Now thats some customer service!!! Its good to hear there are still a few companies out there that believe in taking care of the customer.

I had a good experience with Leupold couple of weeks ago as well. Got a used spotting scope tripod from a friend and it was missing the adapter to mount the spotter and the one spare I had at the house didn't fit. Called them up and they sent one out for free!

1 oz slug will feed into your 870 every time... what's that, like a 400 gr in .72 cal?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    1 oz slug will feed into your 870 every time... what's that, like a 400 gr in .72 cal?
    This thread is NOT about your personal cartridge choice........IT IS about service. It is a about giving credit to a company that gives service. (My guess is you don't own very many firearms, it is only a guess).

sorta like one of those tickle me Elmo dolls, except that when you poke this one, it growls like an ornery old mama grizzly
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    sorta like one of those tickle me Elmo dolls, except that when you poke this one, it growls like an ornery old mama grizzly
    YEP......and even thought it is 64 years old it can still open a # 10 can of "Woop'arse" just like a Mama Grizzly.
    So do you have any other "DOLLS" you want to talk about, or Elmo your only friend......???

I spoke to DT ammo folks when I was deciding if I wanted to move up to a long slide for my 10mm. They were easy to work with and had a great attitude. All said and done, I have a Lone Wolf long slide on order and I look forward to shooting DT ammo through it.

Good info but then of course we got in other stuff the person knew nothing about,like what an oz.is in grains.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Going with 437.5 grains per oz. Anyway what a great company, makes mewant to do some buisness with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinker View Post
    Going with 437.5 grains per oz. Anyway what a great company, makes mewant to do some buisness with them.
    Cheaper to do business with me sire, guaranteed!