Thread: Thinking about relocating to 16a

Default Thinking about relocating to 16a

After no luck in 14a I am thinking bout moving up to 16A within the next few weeks. according to the regs it stays open untill OCT 15th so it will give me more time. plan on baiting an area thats only accessable by boat on the big sue. wondering if this is a good idea or not and how heavily are tghe bears effected by salmon runs? Over all do you think its a worth while move?
    thanks
    Griffin

I just got a pic of my first black bear of the year on a station that saw 12 different bears last year. I wouldn't give up yet.

16a closes June 30 unless you are in the predator control area hunting on a predator control permit. Just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by FloorGuy View Post
    16a closes June 30 unless you are in the predator control area hunting on a predator control permit. Just fyi
    yep I am well aware of this.

Right on I am in 14a as well but didn't get bait out till 2 weeks ago. No hits there yet but not really surprised it's a new site and I figure if I get one on camera it's a success this year. Definitely don't miss filling up the truck to drive to 16a.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    After no luck in 14a I am thinking bout moving up to 16A within the next few weeks. according to the regs it stays open untill OCT 15th so it will give me more time. plan on baiting an area thats only accessable by boat on the big sue. wondering if this is a good idea or not and how heavily are tghe bears effected by salmon runs? Over all do you think its a worth while move?
    thanks
    Griffin
    Lots of Grizz to deal with on the river system...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Pike is correct checked my bait last Friday we have three black bears on the bait and seven griz hoping to get one of the blacks on Saturday

I'm new but situated in 16a. Took me till last week to get in with the snow. Haven't seen much human traffic except myself for the last four weekends.

Set up one stand last Sunday. Planning on a second stand this coming weekend. Hopefully will be compliant with all laws (depends on the eye of the beholder.... if I thought I was illegal , I'd readily correct any issues) and hopefully will get a picture of a bruin feeding at the station.

Cheers!