Thread: 2 ,19 FT sq for sale in Fairbanks

Default 2 ,19 FT sq for sale in Fairbanks

there are 2 19 FT SQ grumman for sale in Fairbanks, listed on this web site in the for sale section one has a lift an the price looks good

SID

Default gr8 deal on sq back canoes

I agree. They should not last long. And I too would prefer to pay the extra 5 bills for the Klingle lift on it; a heckuva deal.
    Here's the direct link to them: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hters-for-sale

A buddy of mine bought the one with the lift. What size motor is recommended and be able to get up river on these. He has a 5 horse mercury, but is thinking it will not be enough.

He should be able to go 10HP two stroke, at least.

15 HP 2stroke works just fine the older ones if you can find one, OMC, manual start, short shaft, [ fore a 15 inch transom ]
    that was the standard for a long time, 5 HP will work but a little slpw with a load or going up steram also the 5 Hp might
    have a sheer pin in the prop an that is one thing you don'r want, it will get you in more troubles than going to fast on the roads

SID

Like Sid, I like a 2 stroke 15 hp motor on my 19'er. From most makers, the 10 and 15 hp motors are the same engine, same weight, but in different stages of tune.

what ever motor you put on there, make sure there is no shear pin in the prop, if there the pin will break at the worst time an then it is all lost