Thread: Felt soled wading shoes

Default Felt soled wading shoes

Are they out..or good for this year. Looked in regs but couldn't find anything..could have just missed it, though.

Ban goes into effect Jan 2012.

But I just bucked up for new feltless wading shoes.... Korkers "Chrome" with interchangeable studded/unstudded KlingOn rubber soles.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post

But I just bucked up for new feltless wading shoes.... Korkers "Chrome" with interchangeable studded/unstudded KlingOn rubber soles.
    I have a similar pair. The mudder duckers. Same soles. They are really comfy too.

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post

Thanks, doc. I'm getting some soon...just don't want to get a ticket.

im gonna do my best to lobby the few people left in the legislature that actually work anymore and try to get this reversed.

It's no argument that felt bottomed shoes are superior to rubber when it comes to gripping rocks and hard bottoms, but when there are countless examples across the country and world that these things can harbor invasive aquatic plants, parasites, and diseases, what sportsman out there wouldn't want to do their part to help protect the fish and waters? I don't want to jeopardize our salmon fisheries just so there's a 5% better chance of myself not filling my waders.

I have alot of argument about the "examples" but no-one really has proof this works or that a watershed was infected due to felt soles. This is kind of like the global warming freaks. Sorry I'm not drinking the koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorPurist View Post
    ....when there are countless examples across the country and world that these things can harbor invasive aquatic plants, parasites, and diseases, what sportsman out there wouldn't want to do their part to help protect the fish and waters?
    I'll do my part, but when are they going to deal with the real culprits...migratory birds? Why to they let birds transport invasive species between water bodies? I do my part in the fall, but by then it will be too late since the birds showed up back in April or May.