Thread: Franchi 48AL value????

Default Franchi 48AL value????

Well guys I was in a pawnshop today and saw a nice Franchi 48AL 20 ga shotgun with some real nice clean wood and pretty neat engraving work on the receiver. They are asking $399 for it. It looks to have a little age to it, I'd guess maybe 20 years old, maybe a little more but in great shape. I know this is a little bit of a shot in the dark but does anyone have opinions on the gun and its value? I would be getting it for my wife and I both to shoot, at clays and upland birds.

Thanks guys

Getting parts can be a problem on those guns, at that price, I dave a few $$ more and look for a Remington
    Ken
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Wi...10532992360444
    Y'all can watch my antics on Wild West Alaska, Animal Planets new hit show.

If the 48 is the older style double shuffle, recoiling barrel, shot gun they are pretty low priced that $400 seems about right if its nice shape. They would not have choke tubes if its the one I'm thinking of, last made in the eighties, I'd guess. I like the guns. I have a couple of them for the little kids to shoot. Light weight and very light recoil with the recoil system they have. I don't recall the model number of the two I have. They are very trouble free and easy to repair, adjust, with the restriction ring on the mag tube. Just clean it once a year. Also the trigger mechanism (two pins out to remove) needs cleaning to prevent slam firing.....so the grand son found out. Muzzle control was good both times. Yes I think they are worth $400.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I came by one of these a few years back, when I hefted it in the shop I could not resist the lightweight fast handling character - It was a 20 and for the life of me I never could get it to cycle past the first shot but then I wasn't comitted enough and let it go cheap instead of, properly, taking it to a service center but a nice feeling, handling and "first shot" shotgun

I like them for their light weight makeing them a nice upland gun.I you try to get it for $350.00out the door.If it has I/C choke I might just go $400 out the door
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I pulled the trigger! Got it for $375. Pictures to come soon!!! I'm excited.

You done good and it should give you fun days afield
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you