Thread: Like Recoil in Lever guns?

Default Like Recoil in Lever guns?

Heres the latest creation, modeled by our #1 gun gnome, "the Kid":

A BLR in .375 Ruger with Ghost ring sight and banded front sight. Kid says it's nasty .

We are doing one in 416 Ruger too....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Heres the latest creation, modeled by our #1 gun gnome, "the Kid":

A BLR in .375 Ruger with Ghost ring sight and banded front sight. Kid says it's nasty .

We are doing one in 416 Ruger too....
    Can't say much for your choice of model, no offense Bryan, but I think the rifle looks pretty slick. I can imagine that pairing the 375 Ruger and a BLR will prove to be a very good combination...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    Can't say much for your choice of model, no offense Bryan, but I think the rifle looks pretty slick. I can imagine that pairing the 375 Ruger and a BLR will prove to be a very good combination...

We didnt choose the model, the customer did...now we got more folks wanting it and the Kid is wandering around muttering "whose gonna test fire these beasts"

It doesnt really kick that bad...but Im not going to shoot it, recoil is magnified in fat guys!

We didnt choose the model, the customer did...now we got more folks wanting it and the Kid is wandering around muttering "whose gonna test fire these beasts"

It doesnt really kick that bad...but Im not going to shoot it, recoil is magnified in fat guys!
    I believe he means you should have had one of the gals up front hold the gun rather than The Kid.

Gun looks good, that is a thumping lever rifle no doubt!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I believe he means you should have had one of the gals up front hold the gun rather than The Kid.
    Sorry for the confusion Ken, but ADfields understood me. That could be a bad sign for you Andy.

As for the rifle, I can like a pistol grip BLR; I just like the straight grip more. Personally I find the idea very attractive. It pains me that I have so many ideas and so little money...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

If the customer hadn't specified that the recoil pad not be changed it might not be too awful. But with the factory Browning Firestone pad it is an enlightning event. Should be a handy stomper though doesn't weigh much.

interesting rifle & caliber......a bear stopper for sure.
    happy trails.
    jh

Hmm... Interesting. After reading the comments I wonder which end does the killing...? LOL

Neat rifle, I bet it generates a lot of interest.

MyTime

The owner has been warned,,,..so before it jets off to the East Coast, we are putting a pad on for him

The owner has been warned,,,..so before it jets off to the East Coast, we are putting a pad on for him

Probably otta' put a bottle of JACK in the box as well. To help him build up the courage to discharge this beast. Fine looking rifle !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I like recoil in lever guns!! Can you fit a 50-2 1/2" Sharps in a Marlin 1895?
    How about a 500 N.E. in a Ruger No. 1? (Yeah I know not a lever egzactly.)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default .500 NE on a Ruger No. 1

I think a .500 NE on a Ruger No. 1 is a stellar idea myself. I've been trying to determine if I can rebore an existing barrel or if a new barrel is needed. Reboring an existing .458 barrel would save a lot of bucks and I've got a spare .458 to use already.

For some reason Ruger hasn't made the Ruger No. 1 in a .50 caliber. Even one in the .500 S&W would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I like recoil in lever guns!! Can you fit a 50-2 1/2" Sharps in a Marlin 1895?
    How about a 500 N.E. in a Ruger No. 1? (Yeah I know not a lever egzactly.)
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

we can do, obviously, the 50 Alaskan in the Marlin, as to other questions, the "Kid" should be chiming in

as to other questions, the "Kid" should be chiming in
    You payin' overtime for his 'chiming'?

Unfortunately no overtime for my chimes but that's allright. As Ken stated we do the 50Ak in the Marlin which is about as close as we can get you to the old Poisun Slinger of buffalo shooting days gone by. And I just happen to have a No.1 from a customer that I am awaiting a bbl for so it can become a 500 Nitro, soon as PacNor gets some groves put in that gaspipe we'll be on our way to .50cal No.1 vill.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

so what is involved in a barrel swap on a BLR? I would have thought that the interupted camming threads for the breech would make it cost prohibitive....
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Trade Secret

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Trade Secret
    right... so can you rebarrel one chambered .243 Win to .260 Rem? And can you do it with a blank supplied by me?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Dont see why not.

Call and Ill ask "the Kid"