Thread: Jmax XS problem

Default Jmax XS problem

Ive been having and ongoing problem with my j-max 1875 XS. I seem to cavitate really easily with 4 in the boat and sometimes with less in the boat. at time I cant even get on step. This problem seems to be inconsistant. I have stainless impeller (fresh rebuild) but Iam wondering if anyone has tried a higher skew impeller. I am willing to give up some speed for holeshot and faster onstep. Eventhough its fairly heavy, I feel it should get up much faster. Before I fork over the $ for a impeller, id like some feedback. Advise appreciated

How much weight should I be able to carry without sacrficing performance?

Check your impeller and wear ring. It shouldnt be cavitating with a load, the jet and motor dont care what the load in the boat is like, they will run at the same rpm no matter what.

Check impeller and wear ring for sure. What impeller are you running? Also, make sure you don't have any nasty dents in the hull that could disrupt the waterflow and make sure your grate is free of rocks and such. I have an 1875 as well and was having a similar problem and just found that the clearance between the impeller and wear ring was to great, switched it to a new impeller and problem was solved.

Was having the same problem, switched to a 14/20 Solas impeller and it runs like a new boat. Hole shot and top speed increased.Part # is YG-DF 14/20. Can get it thru the Boat Shop, but i saved a 100 dollars buying it on line.

Quote Originally Posted by akspawnner View Post
    Was having the same problem, switched to a 14/20 Solas impeller and it runs like a new boat. Hole shot and top speed increased.Part # is YG-DF 14/20. Can get it thru the Boat Shop, but i saved a 100 dollars buying it on line.
    Thanks for the advise. Changes the impeller, from stock to solas. HUGE difference!!! thanks again

I upped my top end to 45mph and the hole shot to on step is amazing, how did yours go?

I am using the same impeller and your right about the hole shot and being on step. the first time I hit the throttle I almost threw my buddy out of the boat.