Thread: Tryin to find a rig to suit my needs

Default Tryin to find a rig to suit my needs

I am in the market for a Polaris 6x6, Polaris 800 crew or any other options suggested that suit my needs. I am on a moderate budget so I am looking at used machines. I am struggling with choosing the right machine for me. First of all I want it to hold 3 kids and 2 adults. I have found seat attatchments for the 6x6 bucket with seat belts etc to make it safe. It also needs to be able to plow snow, and be a hunting rig. The hunting capabilities are secondary only to its ability to hold my family. I have looked at the mud ox's and they are a great machine but I have not seen one used for sale and new are outside of my budget.
    Appreciate any info!

IMO, if the primary thing that you're looking for in a rig is the ability to carry your family then I would go with the Polaris Ranger Crew. That will be the safest bet. Yes, you can bolt a jump seat into the bed of a Ranger 6X6 or Ranger 4X4, I have done this myself to my 2010 Ranger 6X6, but it is not roll over protected and flimsy at best. Even for their long wheelbase the Crews are reported by those who own them to do pretty well, and for anything you can't go through there is the winch and try not go by yourself if you can help it. 2010 or newer Ranger crew, 4,000 lb winch, aftermarket mud tires, and you'll be set. I check clist and aklist regularily and I don't think I've seen a Ranger crew for sale for a while. New with a winch and aftermarket tires should be around $13K+.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    IMO, if the primary thing that you're looking for in a rig is the ability to carry your family then I would go with the Polaris Ranger Crew. That will be the safest bet. Yes, you can bolt a jump seat into the bed of a Ranger 6X6 or Ranger 4X4, I have done this myself to my 2010 Ranger 6X6, but it is not roll over protected and flimsy at best. Even for their long wheelbase the Crews are reported by those who own them to do pretty well, and for anything you can't go through there is the winch and try not go by yourself if you can help it. 2010 or newer Ranger crew, 4,000 lb winch, aftermarket mud tires, and you'll be set. I check clist and aklist regularily and I don't think I've seen a Ranger crew for sale for a while. New with a winch and aftermarket tires should be around $13K+.
    Thanks for the info. I was wonderin how flimsy the seats were. I check clist all the time and I haven't seen one for a while either. I have watched youtube videos comparing the ranger crew to others and it appears to be comparible.

Anyone have any input on off road capabilities of the crew?

Get a used argo does it all. Mudd ox is still too new for the used market.
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Searunner View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was wonderin how flimsy the seats were. I check clist all the time and I haven't seen one for a while either. I have watched youtube videos comparing the ranger crew to others and it appears to be comparible.

Anyone have any input on off road capabilities of the crew?
    Talk to Claude at Alpine Creek Lodge off the Denali Hwy. He has one and loves it and is buying a second one to increase the amount of utv tours he can do.