Thread: Bears stopped coming???

Default Bears stopped coming???

Bears always came to a certain stand in 14 off the parks a few miles, this year they started really late. A game cam showed brown and black started coming and now nothing comes. This seems strange. This spot has been productive for years even with ATVs often passing by and campers shooting and carrying on. Maybe noise bothered them this year but not before? Maybe killed elsewhere (but no other hunters are close) ??? Moved on and left the food? There looks like no evidence of tampering and it is very hard to find, another stand a mile away reports no hits yet. Two weeks track started appearing everywhere, but now no new ones. Should be going through 100 pounds a week and scat everywhere around. Any ideas? Things seem so strange this year.

The moose are calving right now. Probably chasing them around. They'll come back, they always do.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

pike hit a home run....
    I ♥ Big Sheep

Default yep

Yep moose calves, my browns have all dissapeared seein lots of newborn calves around. They WILL be back.

Pike hit a grandslam.....saw the first moose calves of the year this past Memorial day weekend.
    Two weeks ago....fat cow moose, no calves......
    Sat, Sun, Mon..... some tiny new calves.

...and suddenly Walmart Ol Roy Dog Food must taste like..... bad dog food.

Also Hoolies have hit the Big Su big time.

On the 28th when I shot my BB, I had 2 cows come plowing by my stand. I txted my buddy and said any secons now a Bear either brown or black will be through. Sure enough a Black came in right behind him but he had to stop for marshmellow break! LOL

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder View Post
    On the 28th when I shot my BB, I had 2 cows come plowing by my stand. I txted my buddy and said any secons now a Bear either brown or black will be through. Sure enough a Black came in right behind him but he had to stop for marshmellow break! LOL
    Careful there Wilder, LEO may be interested in your use of a telephone in the taking of a game animal. Check page 18 of the regs, under the "YOU MAY NOT" section...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Careful there Wilder, LEO may be interested in your use of a telephone in the taking of a game animal. Check page 18 of the regs, under the "YOU MAY NOT" section...
    He shot the bear, not his friend. The text means nothing.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    He shot the bear, not his friend. The text means nothing.
    For his sake, I hope you are right. I was just pointing out that they should be cautious as to how they communicate animal movements while hunting. Using an electronic means can get you in trouble.