Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry U.S. Postal Service.....Time to go Bye-bye.

Default Sorry U.S. Postal Service.....Time to go Bye-bye.

Sorry U.S. Postal Service.....Time to go Bye-bye.

I have evolved my life (Effective today) so that the U.S. Postal Service can now be closed.

My Social Security Check goes directly to my checking account. All bills are on Auto-Pay from my credit cards. And today I started using the phone to transfer money from the checking account to pay the credit card payments. (Yes, I did NOT know that this could be done, till today).

Is America great or what......? A guy can live in the middle of no-where and do business.

Sunny today 69* above, the bills are paid, I think I'll take the new Winchester 1892 for a walk. (Sucks that it took 64 years to figure out how to live right).

That's all great and glad you got your life figured out after 64 years. What if one day you decide you would like something that isnt to be found locally. So you would rather pay 2x+ the postage to get it here with UPS or FEDX. I ship a lot of boxes in my business and receive plenty as well and it would be a bad day in hell if we only had these other 2 over priced companies to deal with. The USPO is there for more than just checks and bills. I know they are not perfect but I like them and hope they don't go totally broke and close down.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

I have evolved my life (Effective today) so that the U.S. Postal Service can now be closed.

My Social Security Check goes directly to my checking account. All bills are on Auto-Pay from my credit cards. And today I started using the phone to transfer money from the checking account to pay the credit card payments. (Yes, I did NOT know that this could be done, till today).

Is America great or what......? A guy can live in the middle of no-where and do business.

Sunny today 69* above, the bills are paid, I think I'll take the new Winchester 1892 for a walk. (Sucks that it took 64 years to figure out how to live right).
    Yep and so you figured out how to end more jobs and make the Unemployed rate go higher. USPS is faster and cheaper then UPS or Fex Ex. I think they should talk social Security money and give it to the post office for all the lost revenue generated by the internet. Who cares about the retired......they can go for a walk with their new Winchester 1892........IMO

Please keep the flat-rate boxes, at least for Alaska & Hawaii!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    Yep and so you figured out how to end more jobs and make the Unemployed rate go higher. USPS is faster and cheaper then UPS or Fex Ex. I think they should talk social Security money and give it to the post office for all the lost revenue generated by the internet. Who cares about the retired......they can go for a walk with their new Winchester 1892........IMO
    That will work fine for ME. And I am NOT retired, It takes a lot of manual labor to build a Homestead. Well, the D-8 is warmed up, coffee break is over.

The World including America went "Bankrupt" in September of 2008, We are living in the period of "Dieing'Quivers", the same....same as the period from 1930 to 1933.

We figured out the online banking and auto pay a while back. Thank goodness since we only get mail a couple times a year!

Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

We should't use online banking because it may put USPS people out of work? That is a slippery slope. What about all the shoveling jobs put out of work by the excavator? Lots of farm hands lost jobs to the invention and improvement of the tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Please keep the flat-rate boxes, at least for Alaska & Hawaii!
    No joke, I usually send/recieve atleast 5-6 flat rate boxes a week. If I had to pay UPS or FedEX shipping it would seriously inhibit my gear testing endeavors

Quote Originally Posted by samwe View Post
    We should't use online banking because it may put USPS people out of work? That is a slippery slope. What about all the shoveling jobs put out of work by the excavator? Lots of farm hands lost jobs to the invention and improvement of the tractor.
    Read the thread title. the dude said close the post office because he was done using it. I know online banking is the way of life. But I was refering to the self centered Jack Hole who started this thread and said kill another employment sourse because he is totally automated.

Read the thread title. the dude said close the post office because he was done using it. I know online banking is the way of life. But I was refering to the self centered Jack Hole who started this thread and said kill another employment sourse because he is totally automated.

Interesting that I said "For ME" the U.S. Postal System can go Bye-Bye. And you turn that into a personal affront.

You have a "INTERNET" gonads to call me a "Self Centered Jack Hole".

And I see you also called me "Dude", Well I am a pretty fair "Horseman"......I assume you are a very young person that was never taught to respect your elders.

Please Note: This forum has a "Spell Check" feature for those who can't spell.

careful with that autopay, money can go away fast when someone hacks into that system unfortunatly, and it takes allot longer to get back then get out.
    Semper Fi!

lets all just take AGL4now for what he was probably trying to express, that he had finally reached a point in his life that he had been looking foreward to for an awfully long time, that being to break the ties to society & live the way he wants to live on his & ma natures terms not societies or the liberal bureacrats that try & control our every day lives, congrats to you AGL4now for finally achieving one of your lifes goals, & i'm sure you had no intentions of causing a rise in the nations unemployment by no longer requireing the use of the USPS, hahaha best of luck on your homesteading/cabin building & i'm looking foreward to reading your blogs as they become available.

Bought 2 books of forever stamps a year ago still got 1. People send paper statements to me but they get online payments. I can go weeks without checking the mail. Going to deal with the usps is as much fun as IRS. Just another agency justifing their existance.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by predatorhuntr01 View Post
    lets all just take AGL4now for what he was probably trying to express, that he had finally reached a point in his life that he had been looking foreward to for an awfully long time, that being to break the ties to society & live the way he wants to live on his & ma natures terms not societies or the liberal bureacrats that try & control our every day lives, congrats to you AGL4now for finally achieving one of your lifes goals, & i'm sure you had no intentions of causing a rise in the nations unemployment by no longer requireing the use of the USPS, hahaha best of luck on your homesteading/cabin building & i'm looking foreward to reading your blogs as they become available.
    Yes, I am NOT infavor of anyone being out of work. And I do like that The Post Office delivers my Cabela's Goodies to my door, at least in the summer. In the winter I have to SkiDoo down to get the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

So i guess this would be out too, than....Would be kinda hard to email food.. to towns that ups/ fedex. dont service..
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Who-s-the-best.....

I hope you put as much effort into an apology.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    I hope you put as much effort into an apology.
    +1 to you sir......

AGL4now the majority of us understand what you are saying....some people as you know just cant read the fine print....

Release Lake Trout

If the day ever comes when I refer to an elder who has Been There, Done That, and probably has forgotten more about woodcraft than most of us will ever learn. Who has carved out a niche in the Wilderness for the purpose of enjoying his Golden Years and has a curmudgeonly way of stating his point of view a "JackHole", by all means feel free to break off a barbed wire wrapped railroad tie in my large intestine....The hard way.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    If the day ever comes when I refer to an elder who has Been There, Done That, and probably has forgotten more about woodcraft than most of us will ever learn. Who has carved out a niche in the Wilderness for the purpose of enjoying his Golden Years and has a curmudgeonly way of stating his point of view a "JackHole", by all means feel free to break off a barbed wire wrapped railroad tie in my large intestine....The hard way.
    well said sir.....id rep ya but i gotta "spread it around"........

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    I was thinking more along the line of a log chain to the chumsack.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast