Thread: Anchor Point Salt (5/29/11)- Small halibut, no kings

Default Anchor Point Salt (5/29/11)- Small halibut, no kings

Anchor Point Saltwater May 29, 2011

Early start at 6am since winds were supposed to pick up in the afternoon. During the low morning slack the bite was on fairly solidly for everything but Kings. Pulled up 6 halibut. Too bad they were all small. Kept one for an eater, maybe 10 or 12 pounds. Gotta keep the other one open just in case the big one strikes.

Saw a dozen boats or more fishing near me. I only saw one boat hook a fish and even then they released it at the boat before I could see how big it was. No one I spoke to had a king, but everybody limited out on halibut.

My morning GPS track says I traveled about 5.5 miles. Yeah some of it was drifitng, but most of it was paddling against a current!

Afternoon high slack was pretty dead. Waves built to 3 ft or more and it was a rodeo for a while on the Yak. Not unsafe until you got broadside unhooking an Irish Lord.

Had a blast, nothing notable but just banking the hours until I hammer the big one!!

I cannot wait to get down there! Just getting out on the water is going to make my year!