Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Watson Lake

  1. #1
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Talking Watson Lake

    June and I hit it this weekend...Nothing huge....10's 12's and some 14's....Good shake down run for the motor. Meet up with some fellow forum members and just enjoyed the day on the water and evening around camp......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  2. #2

    Default

    Testing your electric trolling motor sounds good since Watson lake is part of the canoe trail in the Kenai refuge. No gas motors, but I could be wrong. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

  3. #3
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Nice Chuck! Sounds like you had a great time!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  4. #4
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akriverman View Post
    Testing your electric trolling motor sounds good since Watson lake is part of the canoe trail in the Kenai refuge. No gas motors, but I could be wrong. Tight lines.
    Is that the one he is talking about? Because the one in Canada on the AK hwy came to mind when I saw the thread title.

  5. #5
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Is that the one he is talking about? Because the one in Canada on the AK hwy came to mind when I saw the thread title.
    No it is on the peninsula before sterling....If it is electric only I broke the law. I have been running a moter on it since 79. the feds even stopped by and talked with me for a while. Never said a word about it......It is near the trail system but I have seen motors on it for years....Nothing on the signs about them not allowed either...Just no jet skies or water sking.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  6. #6
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    No it is on the peninsula before sterling....If it is electric only I broke the law. I have been running a moter on it since 79. the feds even stopped by and talked with me for a while. Never said a word about it......It is near the trail system but I have seen motors on it for years....Nothing on the signs about them not allowed either...Just no jet skies or water sking.


    Ahhhhh ok, gotcha. Maybe it's one of those "no jets" lakes? There is a fwe out here in the valley. But I have noticed at lakes with a public use launch, it is well posted if you can use motors or not.

  7. #7

    Default

    Checked the web site.

    I was wrong. Chuck is right. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

  8. #8
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akriverman View Post
    Checked the web site.

    I was wrong. Chuck is right. Tight lines.
    No worries....I just tend to obey the law ......Dont need any of them there citations....It is a good little lake to fish and put about 3 hours on the motor.....started on the 6th pull after a winter of storage and never missed a beat. figured I might want to check it out there before I run the canyon and hit skilak
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  9. #9
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    No worries....I just tend to obey the law ......Dont need any of them there citations....It is a good little lake to fish and put about 3 hours on the motor.....started on the 6th pull after a winter of storage and never missed a beat. figured I might want to check it out there before I run the canyon and hit skilak

    No kiddin........that would be a long way to row!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Is that the one he is talking about? Because the one in Canada on the AK hwy came to mind when I saw the thread title.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too.
    I said WTH is he doing in the Yukon. LOL

  11. #11
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought too.
    I said WTH is he doing in the Yukon. LOL
    LOL ok well now I don't feel so bad since I wasn't the only one. I kinda though maybe he was going to see you........and meet half way?????

  12. #12
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    LOL ok well now I don't feel so bad since I wasn't the only one. I kinda though maybe he was going to see you........and meet half way?????
    That is one hell of a drive to shake down a motor....oh and to see dave
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  13. #13
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    That is one hell of a drive to shake down a motor....oh and to see dave
    yeah besides he'll just show up this fall any way..........LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •