Thread: Reloading XLS files?

Default Reloading XLS files?

For those of you who record their reloading data via computer, would be be willing to email me blank xls file that you use? I am new to reloading, and am curious to see what people are using to track their loads.

If you don't have such a file, would you be willing to post up what aspects you would use in such a file? This is what I have come up with so far...

Reload Data:
    • Caliber
    • Case
    • Case Condition
    • Case Length
    • Fired from what gun
    • Powder, Weight, MFG
    • Bullet weight/MFG/model
    • Bullet listed weight/Bullet actual weight
    • Bullet Seat Depth
    • Crimp/No Crimp
    • Primer
    • Pocket Uniformed (Y/N)
    • O.A.L.
    • Flash Hole deburred (y/n)
    • Full Length Resized/Neck Sized
    • Other notes
    Range Data:
    • Firearm
    • Date/time
    • Distance
    • Wind
    • Temp
    • Velocity (chronographed) each shot
    • Velocity avg.
    • Other Conditions
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Heres what I've been using. Your welcome to a copy if it fits your needs. Its in excell 2007 format if you have it, or i can save it in an earlier format if you need. Its easy enough to add anything you need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reloading.jpg  

That looks like a good one, my email is bgreen*akfabshop.com if you would be willing to send it to me. (my excel version is 2002) When I get my final rendition done, I'll host it on my website and post it up for everyone else to mess with if they wish.
    Last edited by bgreen; 03-08-2007 at 12:26.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

I'd be interested in leeching off your work once you've added all those fields. Care to post here when you've got it ready?

Well I'm not sure if this worked or not but here goes. I added some of the fields you mentioned that werent already there and saved it as an excel 97-2003 workbook. I left the sheet names to show where caliber info goes. You just need to right click each sheets tab and rename it to what you want. Anytime you want to add another Caliber just add another sheet and copy/paste the charts to the new sheet.

Take it or leave it, here it is. lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks TYBSP, that was much easier to see than the screen shot!

Here is the one I just finished, it fits my 19" widescreen, but might be too wide for most people, I guess you could split it into three sheets instead of two. I built one for the load data, and another for the range data, for each caliber/firearm.

Brook

http://www.akfabshop.com/junk/reload_data.xls

Should I add a field for whether or not the case was neck turned?

Anything else I missed?

I've recently Updated my personal copy to include more bullet info like B.C., Sec. density, C.O.L., and Diameter. I can post this also if any interested

Hmmm, good idea.

Im gonna have so much info in this spread sheet that I might get a bit overwhelmed. lol. Its going to take me a while to learn how to interpret all this data!

I'll update my file and upload it to the same link, if you want, I can host your file as well.

Brook

Quote Originally Posted by bgreen View Post
    Thanks TYBSP, that was much easier to see than the screen shot!

Here is the one I just finished, it fits my 19" widescreen, but might be too wide for most people, I guess you could split it into three sheets instead of two. I built one for the load data, and another for the range data, for each caliber/firearm.

Brook

http://www.akfabshop.com/junk/reload_data.xls
    Okay, made a few updates to include S.D., B.C, actual bullet weight, case weight, etc. The new location is... http://www.akfabshop.com/misc/reload_data_v001.xls