Thread: Need help setting up a fishing adventure for a friendís family

Default Need help setting up a fishing adventure for a friendís family

I've lived in Anchorage 15 years but needs some new adventures. I've always worked on a budget, yet these adventures can be anything without concern for the cost. So if you know of any great outings, I would appreciate anything you are willing to share with me.

Target Species: Kings, Halibut, Reds, Silvers. Additional considerations: Ling cod, Rock fish. Wildlife viewing would be a big plus.

Dates: July 15 - 24.

Limitations: they are mostly new to fishing, (but thirsty for adventure) and would like to stay within day trips distance of Anchorage or Kenai.

Money is NOT an issue.

More important concerns are safely, comfortable accommodations, a friendly & fun atmosphere and results.

I'd look at a multi day trip out of Homer, or fly to Kodiak and do the same. Living on the boat you get in alot more fishing than doing a day trip where 1/2 the day is spent boating to and from the harbor.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Sarasota, Florida

A day trip without a cost factor is a bushplane guided fly-in and fly-out. Do it right out of Anchorage from Lake Hood. Stay at the New Millinium Hotel right on the lake and dine right there.

This will satisfy your request for adventure/timing/quarry/safety/and comfort. Pricey and productive, without a doubt...

"Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"