Thread: H&R topper pump 12 Ga?

Default H&R topper pump 12 Ga?

Hey I was in Chemo's the other day and I saw a H&R topper pump 12 Ga, I didn't know H&R made pumps, but I don't know every thing....

Does any body have any INFO on them? It looked like a fairily nice gun, for $190 it kinda seemed cheap for a pump, but if it is alright, I would like to get it, maybe trade my 9200 for it.

The fact that it is a pump, the shorter barrel (mine has a 28") the screw in choke, and its wood, kinda turn me on.

so, any info, good or bad, would be great!

Thanks!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

H&R don't make them they import from somewhere.I hear many bad things about the pump and the semi auto.I figure Remington will drop them soon insted of loseing 870 and 1100 sales
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have one in 20 gauge. The receiver is built like a tank, and it has never failed to go boom.
    On the other hand it's made in china, it's ugly, and it's heavy(for it's size).
    Depends on what you want.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    I have one in 20 gauge. The receiver is built like a tank, and it has never failed to go boom.
    On the other hand it's made in china, it's ugly, and it's heavy(for it's size).
    Depends on what you want.
    I couldn't give a flying wazoo on looks.....heck, If I have a ugly gun, then it would match my face.

What I'm lookin for is quality for the price. Does it line up nice?

I was mistaken, it is a pardner, not a topper.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Ya, I don't mind that it's ugly, I actually prefer it.

It's hard to beat that price, so I'd say it's a good bargain for a working gun.

It also comes with sling swivels.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    Ya, I don't mind that it's ugly, I actually prefer it.

It's hard to beat that price, so I'd say it's a good bargain for a working gun.

It also comes with sling swivels also.

I've alaways wanted a sling on my gun! be great for those LOOONNG hikes....