Thread: New Wooldridge owner. Pic and Question

Default New Wooldridge owner. Pic and Question

My lady and I managed to get our hands on a nice 18' Wooldridge Jet boat last year. We have taken her for her first few trips up the Deshka and yesterday morning we ran into a problem; torrential rain. The original owner damaged the top somehow and we have no topper. How can we get a tooper at a reasonable price? Any chance for finding one used?

Lots more questions to come, thanks for any info shared.

"When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Busters makes a great soft top. I've also heard silver streak does good work.

Depends on what a reasonable price is for you. Busters made a couple for me and thought they were pretty nice. Silver Streak made some seats and they were top notch as well.
    Would guess a top with a drop down rear curtain will set you back about $1,500 - $1,700. They are bascially tailor made for your boat.
    Tennessee

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I'm looking for something minimalist, just enough to hide under if it gets to wet out.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

I saw a cheap top on Craigslist a few days back.

Tried to find the one I saw and it must be gone. I did find this that might be made to work some how.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2381927958.html

I like that boat! Congrats! You could always make a bikini/bimini top to keep the rain off. Does it have wipers? I don't see any.

Mike
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Something here http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...3Bcat104703480
    Should get you going.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Another option is quality personal rain gear...not necessarily the rubber or plastic stuff, but the quality Gore-Tex stuff. I know a few people that go that route and kinda envy them when I'm messing with my top. A good thing about going this route is that it deosn't matter who's boat you use, at least you'll always be dry.

Obviously both have their advantage, but I think the personal raingear is overlooked as an option by most (I know I did).

Thanks for all the responses guys. Dirt, no wipers.

Gonna keep an eye on CL and Cabelas to see if I can find anything. If that doesn't work it's Busters or Silver Streak.

I figured a top would be more expensive so I'm liking all these prices. I'll update the thread when I find something

Thumbs up

Gary at Greatland welding in Palmer uses an outfit out of Wasilla that makes tops, sides and whatnot. He has spoken pretty highly of them too. Maybe give Gary a call for the name/number of the business. I do not have a clue what they would cost, but ya never know unless ya ask...
    Like Eggy said, good quality rain gear works very well too. Alot cheaper than a top. My boat is an open style and i'll admit, there are some occasions when I'd like to have something for more of a wind break rather than rain, but not required. But the openess I have is very very nice and unobstructive, and I just live and tolerate not having the top.

I Would recommend Busters, Willie could just put on a top with no side curtains or drop curtain. You could add these later, and the top would at least keep you dry for now.

You could just have the top made at this time and add side curtains and a back later, just make sure they lave enough room in the hem to add zippers later. At least it will fit the boat. Top gun fabric is really tough and will last, not all the canvas is the same.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR