Thread: Scott canoe all painted

Default Scott canoe all painted

DSCN0706.jpgDSCN0708.jpg
    Got the boat off the truck. Its not something I want to do daily but works in a pinch. Pat @Scott told me the boat is from 1990 .

Fine craft for sure and it will keep you in shape.No sea to big nor pond to small
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by bobw View Post
    Got the boat off the truck. Its not something I want to do daily but works in a pinch. Pat @Scott told me the boat is from 1990 .
    I'm told the number burned into the transom can be decoded into indicating the year it was built (but I don't know how; I just know who does know how).

21 years old and it looks solid as can be. Nice.

I'm guessing that is Scott's ~19 foot long Albany model?

yep, albany. 21 years old never been in water...according to previous owner.

Why on Earth would someone disrespect a boat so much as to never put it in the water?

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

the story goes that an upscale older fellow bought the canoe to go fishing with his grandson. The man passed away shortly thereafter and the widow just let the thing sit in the two story garage for all these years. My friend picked it up for me and said the stuff at this home was fantasic. To give you an idea of the garage size the boat was hung hanging down by the bow eye. My friend backed his trailer under it and lowered it on. Pat at scott canoe was very helpful in obtaining the right paperwork and history. bob

Default first time for that scott

That's incredible; thanks for sharing that. Hard to imagine a Scott locked up and never wet until she's "of age".

Your gunnels, seats, and supports might be a bit dry & might need some linseed oil, or some oil-based stain then oil based spar varnish. But I'd get her in the water first if it was me. Great find. I'd love to hear what you paid for her, but if you don't want to share that its OK, and/or if you want to PM it to me that's great too. Just curious.

BTW, we have identical crafts, except mine is a bit younger yet has more miles on'r. I re-did the captain's seat on mine with some new Naugahyde years ago and found a very old Canadian B&B flyer under the old rotted seat I removed.

Looks great!! Do you have plans for putting spray rails on it?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I will probably put spray rails on but hvent got it wet yet. I paid 1500 for the boat and a few hundred in paint and painting. bob

Default spray rails

I will probably put spray rails on but hvent got it wet yet. I paid 1500 for the boat and a few hundred in paint and painting. bob
    If you put "too big" of a motor on it like I do, you'll soon want those rails, but it will run just fine without them too; you just have to tone down your top speed. I run a Tohatsu 15 HP 4stroke. I also have a little electric trolling motor that I use sometimes; it pushes it just fine too.

What are you putting on the back of yours?

Re: $..... you stole it. Good job.

I had been searching for one for a long time. I even had the old glossy brochures from way back when. It was always part of my ebay searches and then one day it appeared with a buy it now option. I got real lucky because the post was recently added and did not have a lot of views. I have a bunch of little kicker motors ,3,4,6, and 7.5 hp that I will hang on there for now. I do have a go devil surface drive 18 that may be too heavy at 200 pounds. Does anyone have oarlocks on theirs and where do you have them positioned? bob

Default oarlocks

Does anyone have oarlocks on theirs and where do you have them positioned? bob
    I'm getting ready to put some on my Albany; I have the parts.

Mainer and I were "kicking the Albany's tires" one evening and he suggested I mount them just ahead of the rear seat. While this goes against my rowboat experience, I bow to his more-expertise in canoes and will adhere to his advice. Though it might be this winter before my oarlocks and spray rails get mounted.... too darned busy to tend to these important matters right now.... :-(

so are you mounting an extra rowing seat or sitting on the spreader?