Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Buy ALASKA....For your children's children.

  1. #1

    Default Buy ALASKA....For your children's children.

    We have several threads going directly or indirectly about R.O.W's & easements, Private property ownership. legal access, etc.

    There is very little private property in Alaska. Your single best investment for your families enjoyment of Alaska, is to own as much private land in "Trust" for your children's Grand children.

    Barring a catastrophic pandemic, all of the issues that members complain about are going to get much, much worse.......not gooder. (End of Short Rant).

  2. #2

    Default

    I like your thinking....I think the state should be buying back Alaska from the Feds...
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    .

    Barring a catastrophic pandemic, all of the issues that members complain about are going to get much, much worse.......not gooder. (End of Short Rant).
    Same holds true in rural Ak. Private property, especially property owned by businesses, corp's, will increase and access decrease.
    Long term outlook is for private property values to increase IMO.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,635

    Default

    Private property will increase?? Im wondering How?


    I do agreeto buy land now, 'Cause they stopped making it a looooooooooooooooooooong time ago.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Private property will increase?? Im wondering How....????
    9 years ago I paid $42,500.-- for this 15.6 Acres. the most recent sales have been $39,000. to $ 71,000. per acre. And I paid $2,700.-- per acre. That is only nine years. We bought hundreds of acres around Wasilla for $250.00 to $300.-- per acre. There are MILLIONS of humans coming to Alaska.

    The reason to buy land, is for the control. Notice how much of the forum is about "Someone else has control". "So & So owns the trailhead". So & So controls the access to.........". "There is no place to shoot.......Well have your own range" Build your own lakes on YOUR land and stock them.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,635

    Default

    Ahhhh....yaaaa...... I kinda blew it on the $$ part, my mind was somewhere off on the feds or state selling lands to folks, or returning more of what they they assume to "Own" ~~LOL!!~~ somewhere in the Constitution ,( Im gonna look this up), Im of the thought that the Feds could only own lands under their buildings, Post Offices and Military bases......~~LOL!!~~

    Land is always a good investment, though housing may not always be.....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  7. #7
    Member Waterlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I like your thinking....I think the state should be buying back Alaska from the Feds...
    EXACTLY my thinking akres. We in Alaska are our own country.

    Ever notice when there's catastrophic incidents down 'there' we have NONE up here. Cause we are special.......... a set aside land for those who can and do appreciate it.

    Was just 'shopping' for land today as a matter of fact.

    IMHO

    FF
    "The Nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten.
    In memory of our troops...defenders of our freedom."

  8. #8
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    There are MILLIONS of humans coming to Alaska.
    That much I doubt. There is no reason to.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  9. #9
    Member stevelyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I like your thinking....I think the state should be buying back Alaska from the Feds...

    Buy it BACK????

    The @!#$%, $^%&*!@, @##$^$*#*, @$#^$$%!*^%$! feds stole it in the first place. They're the ones in violation of the Statehood Compact.
    Now what ?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That much I doubt. There is no reason to.
    Free Money as in PFD & Senior citizen benefits.

    Very Liberal Welfare system.

    A place to start over.

    Escape the Lower 48 before or shortly after the "Second" Great Depression.

    Move from a Toilet to someplace beautiful.

    Move to Alaska because there is an abundance of free world class "Hunting & Fishing".

    Move to Alaska because you can do a "One Mans Wilderness" and live for free in the majestic wilderness.

    Move to Alaska so you can "SELF GUIDE". (OK, That one still cracks me up).

    Move to Alaska to get Wealthy.

    Everyone in Alaska makes $150,000.00 per year.

    Lots of Government Employment.

    In Alaska a family of six (6) will own or be making pmts. on six snow machines, and six ATVs.

    Everyone in Alaska drives a New Pick-up truck.

    In Alaska you can be a unmarried Teenager, have a baby and make $200,000.00 a year as a awful dancer.

    In Alaska everyone harvests a 11' Brown Bear, a 43" Dall Sheep, a 7'-8" Black Bear every year.

    In Alaska everyone is a "Real Man" (Well except Skinny-D).

    But mostly because they want a better life, with clean air, clean water, awesome beauty, and that ain't in Detroit, Mich.

  11. #11

  12. #12

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Free Money as in PFD & Senior citizen benefits.

    Very Liberal Welfare system.

    A place to start over.

    Escape the Lower 48 before or shortly after the "Second" Great Depression.

    Move from a Toilet to someplace beautiful.

    Move to Alaska because there is an abundance of free world class "Hunting & Fishing".

    Move to Alaska because you can do a "One Mans Wilderness" and live for free in the majestic wilderness.

    Move to Alaska so you can "SELF GUIDE". (OK, That one still cracks me up).

    Move to Alaska to get Wealthy.

    Everyone in Alaska makes $150,000.00 per year.

    Lots of Government Employment.

    In Alaska a family of six (6) will own or be making pmts. on six snow machines, and six ATVs.

    Everyone in Alaska drives a New Pick-up truck.

    In Alaska you can be a unmarried Teenager, have a baby and make $200,000.00 a year as a awful dancer.

    In Alaska everyone harvests a 11' Brown Bear, a 43" Dall Sheep, a 7'-8" Black Bear every year.

    In Alaska everyone is a "Real Man" (Well except Skinny-D).

    But mostly because they want a better life, with clean air, clean water, awesome beauty, and that ain't in Detroit, Mich.
    To become One with the Natural World...(hint) whisper to the bears, move into an abandoned bus or take a bike ride on the Anchorage Bike Paths!

    To simply Dip your winter fish supply, for yourself, your dogs and those you left behind...in Detroit!

    To take up Big Game Guiding for six weeks a year...and have others actually pay you to hunt!

    To get an Alaskan Post Office Box, become a consultant and have others actually pay you to answer silly questions about Alaska!

    To get close up photos of the wildlife...at the Alaska Zoo!

    To wear dead animal hides!

    To have and enjoy 6 months of continuous Nite-Life!

    To look into a box filled with lightbulbs, to avoid looking like an idiot!

    To gaze, in awe, at ice and snow sculptures and get pics before they melt!

    To worry about leaving your truck parked at the local fishing hole or trailhead!

    To have 'SkinnyD' as your closest neighbor!

    Yup...I can see folks flocking in here, like blowflies on a gutpile!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13
    Member SkinnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    20B
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    How did I get dragged into this? I like Alaska.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.


  14. #14
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Buy it BACK????

    The @!#$%, $^%&*!@, @##$^$*#*, @$#^$$%!*^%$! feds stole it in the first place. They're the ones in violation of the Statehood Compact.
    Whom stole from who.Everyone likes to go back to 1959 but nobody is willing to go to 1859
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Outta Big Lake
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    9 years ago I paid $42,500.-- for this 15.6 Acres. the most recent sales have been $39,000. to $ 71,000. per acre. And I paid $2,700.-- per acre. That is only nine years. We bought hundreds of acres around Wasilla for $250.00 to $300.-- per acre. There are MILLIONS of humans coming to Alaska.

    The reason to buy land, is for the control. Notice how much of the forum is about "Someone else has control". "So & So owns the trailhead". So & So controls the access to.........". "There is no place to shoot.......Well have your own range" Build your own lakes on YOUR land and stock them.
    6 years ago my parents bought 11 acres for $24.500.00 a couple months after that, a few miles down the road, 40 acres went for 80.000.00. 2 years ago my neighbors about 1/4 mile up the road or so bought land, exacially the same as "setting" as ours, thier 5 acres went for 84,000.00.
    By the same setting, I mean, off the road, no cleared land, small hills, and a small swamp.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

  16. #16
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Sorta like the “L” in flames… I agree entirely.. buy back what you were never willing to fight for to begin with..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Farmgirl View Post
    EXACTLY my thinking akres. We in Alaska are our own country.

    Ever notice when there's catastrophic incidents down 'there' we have NONE up here. Cause we are special.......... a set aside land for those who can and do appreciate it.

    Was just 'shopping' for land today as a matter of fact.

    IMHO

    FF

  17. #17
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Serious.. umm.. if that fight wanted to be had it could have been won.. now it's nothing but second hand opinions and a bunch of worthless moaning and groaning.. -YAWN- IRS LOL = land taxation so the feds and the state can nail your ass to the wall no matter what!! Is it the Fed's fault? Is it the states fault?? NO you bunch of dummies!!! WTH is everyone so stupid..? The only people to blame is OURSELVES for allowing it.. For the people and by the people speaks volumes right now.. HAHA.... silly folks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfwatching View Post
    Sorta like the “L” in flames… I agree entirely.. buy back what you were never willing to fight for to begin with..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •