Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ALASKA.....can change a Man.

  1. #1

    Default ALASKA.....can change a Man.

    I made a post to a thread, and thought it might make a new thread, this was in response to a young serviceman being transfered to Alaska:

    Thank you for your service to MY country, I truly appreciate it. Not to discourage you, but to state the truth, hunting in Alaska is hard, generally relatively expensive, you are very cold, very wet, very exhausted, very tired, very hungry, and often very, very disappointed at seeing NO game. The equipment needed to do it correctly is very expensive, and you need a LOT of very expensive equipment.

    Alaska is not America, she will kill you in a mega-second & the wind will laugh at your corpse. Alaska is like a women, she will give you more pleasure than you ever dreamed existed, and later the same day she can and will attempt to kill you. Never let your guard down in Alaska.

    YOU will Never change Alaska, but Alaska will change you. Your choice is to chose if you want to RAPE her for the short term gratification, or if you want to learn to "BE" with her in all of her Majesty, to learn to accept what is at the moment and not fight what is. To love Alaska is to honor, respect, and aspire to become one entity, you and Alaska as one, and to see that you have become Alaska.

  2. #2
    Member tzieli22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eagle River AK
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Sounds about right. I saw a good quote about this and made me think...

    A good Woman she is, Not Ugly at all (actually very beautiful most of the time, minus a few flare ups now and then) she is Old at times, but brings out the beauty in her most of the time, she does shoot straight most of the time but she sure can throw a curve ball often enough, she will allow you to clean fish & she'll make you hike hard. And for sure, she has the Ability to make you have a profound religious experience by simple Being in the Wilderness with her, it is a plus.

    Happy Memorial Day to all the men and women who have served and for those that gave there life for us to enjoy our USA.
    Tony

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I made a post to a thread, and thought it might make a new thread, this was in response to a young serviceman being transfered to Alaska:

    Thank you for your service to MY country, I truly appreciate it. Not to discourage you, but to state the truth, hunting in Alaska is hard, generally relatively expensive, you are very cold, very wet, very exhausted, very tired, very hungry, and often very, very disappointed at seeing NO game. The equipment needed to do it correctly is very expensive, and you need a LOT of very expensive equipment.

    Alaska is not America, she will kill you in a mega-second & the wind will laugh at your corpse. Alaska is like a women, she will give you more pleasure than you ever dreamed existed, and later the same day she can and will attempt to kill you. Never let your guard down in Alaska.

    YOU will Never change Alaska, but Alaska will change you. Your choice is to chose if you want to RAPE her for the short term gratification, or if you want to learn to "BE" with her in all of her Majesty, to learn to accept what is at the moment and not fight what is. To love Alaska is to honor, respect, and aspire to become one entity, you and Alaska as one, and to see that you have become Alaska.
    Why am I now looking around for Black Widow Spiders???
    You creep me out sometimes...Stop It...Stop skerrrin' me.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member AK Troutbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak, AK.
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I made a post to a thread, and thought it might make a new thread, this was in response to a young serviceman being transfered to Alaska:

    Thank you for your service to MY country, I truly appreciate it. Not to discourage you, but to state the truth, hunting in Alaska is hard, generally relatively expensive, you are very cold, very wet, very exhausted, very tired, very hungry, and often very, very disappointed at seeing NO game. The equipment needed to do it correctly is very expensive, and you need a LOT of very expensive equipment.

    Alaska is not America, she will kill you in a mega-second & the wind will laugh at your corpse. Alaska is like a women, she will give you more pleasure than you ever dreamed existed, and later the same day she can and will attempt to kill you. Never let your guard down in Alaska.

    YOU will Never change Alaska, but Alaska will change you. Your choice is to chose if you want to RAPE her for the short term gratification, or if you want to learn to "BE" with her in all of her Majesty, to learn to accept what is at the moment and not fight what is. To love Alaska is to honor, respect, and aspire to become one entity, you and Alaska as one, and to see that you have become Alaska.
    Okay AGL4now, put the bottle down and step away from the computer.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Why am I now looking around for Black Widow Spiders???
    You creep me out sometimes...Stop It...Stop skerrrin' me.
    The "Brown Recluse" spider. Nothing like setting in the Outhouse and feel something bite your family jewels.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    The "Brown Recluse" spider. Nothing like setting in the Outhouse and feel something bite your family jewels.
    OMG!!! I knew I should not have had that second cup of coffee...YIKES!...
    I'll bet Halloween is your favorite time of the year...Skerrrin' the daylight out of unsuspecting folks!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    "Alaska is not America, she will kill you in a mega-second & the wind will laugh at your corpse. Alaska is like a women, she will give you more pleasure than you ever dreamed existed, and later the same day she can and will attempt to kill you. Never let your guard down in Alaska."

    Dang, AGL4now, We MUST know the same women.............
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    192

    Default

    "Alaska is like a women, she will give you more pleasure than you ever dreamed existed, and later the same day she can and will attempt to kill you. Never let your guard down in Alaska."

    What kind of women have you been with?

    ... and what the heck did you say to them?

  9. #9
    Member Mkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Speaking of all these analogies about Alaska and Women....

    Marriage is like a hot bath,
    Once you've gotten into it and gotten used to it,
    It's not so hot.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Speaking of all these analogies about Alaska and Women....

    Marriage is like a hot bath,
    Once you've gotten into it and gotten used to it,
    It's not so hot.

    now that is clasic!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •