Thread: Sending a quiet note of thanks to silent professionals

Default Sending a quiet note of thanks to silent professionals

To all armed service veterans and the people who support them;

Thanks for your service and support...good luck and even better hunting / fishing. A special thanks also to the spouses, family and friends who shoulder a difficult burden without complaint.

God bless America

Enjoy your time in the "Kingdom of Space and Light"

Hubert NC

Thanks God for the men and women of our military and their families. May the lord provide you strength and keep you safe. Thank you for a job well done!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Default amen....

i hope everybody finds time for a moment of silence in remembrance of those who lost their lives for our country.

God bless all the vets and a special remembrance for those that gave all or passed on with age taking their stories with them.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Anchorage, Alaska

Thank you to our service men and women and to those who gave everything!

Thanks to those who gave it all, and those who may have to.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Counting Frogs and Skeeters

Thank you guys for supporting all of us in the service! it is nice to sometimes get a kind word from the people we are around.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

This is going to be a bit sappy but I actually believe what I'm going to write.

For those of you that have expressed gratitude for the service of us in the US Military...

Why do I do it?
    I do it because I believe that my nation is worth my effort.
    I do it because I feel I owe it to America for providing me with such great opportunities.
    I do it because my family had served before me.
    I do it to honor those who served before me and along side me.
    I do it because I love the people of America.
    I do it because the world is dangerous and it is up to US servicemen to protect America...and I want to be one of those guys.
    I do it because I believe in American values.
    I do it because I love taking care of, protecting, and developing my troops.
    (I am extremely proud of them when they progress and succeed in life and the Army!)
    I do it for the experiences and the excitement.
    I do it to provide a living for my family.
    I do it because I feel like I was destined to do it.
    I do it because I started 31+ years ago and would do it all over again if given the opportunity.

I have always been uncomfortable when (in recent years) someone looked me in the eyes and said "thank you for your service". I am now and always will be grateful when thanked. I regret the time away from my wife and child...she has done an an amazing job raising a disabled child and running a household.

So guys and gals of AOD, look into the mirror, what do you see? If you haven't caught on by now I'll spell it out...YOU and people like you have me convinced that I made a great decision!

Enough said.