Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was charged today!

Default I was charged today!

It all started when I get a complaint (I am a small-time ADC Agent), so I go over to a Ladys house, and see a brown thing by thier garage, so I grab Ol Roy (my rusty trusty rifle, for "taking care of" animals) and, it being by their house, I didn't want to shoot, so I try to flush him into the woods, and as I drive her away, she goes in to some low hanging stuff, and I follow her, trying to get a shot. this stuff is so low that I am on my chest, with it touching my back. I have my gun beside me in my right hand as I fight my way in, trying to get her turned so I can get a shot, now the brown is only 3 yards away, and I have no shot as she is in line with a house about 75 yards away, so slowly crawl out, and go to the other side, and then my brother comes over to help....with out a gun....so he makes a club (like THATS gonna do much to this brown) and sits at the entrance as I crawl in the side and try to shoot it, all the while, it is running back and forth, finally I'm back in, and my brother is guarding one side, Hearts pounding and nerves ready for a fight. Then she see's me, and see's Dusty at the entrance, and knows its trapped, And it charges me, running full bore at 5 yards! I try to get my gun in front of me, but its no use, she is on me, swinging with all her might, thankfully she can't get much leverage, and I finally get my gun in front of me, as I try to cycle a round in (I had taken the bullet outta the chamber, because of the houses around) but the bullet gets stuck in the clip and I reef on the action trying to get the bullet free! Now, the brown is only 1 foot away, and I manage to hit it on the chest with my barrel, and it turns, and charges my brother, and he hits it with his club! (think "Alaska bear tales") DANG! I was freaked! For the next 10 minutes, she paces back and forth, probably about as confused as what to do as me, Dusty crawls in, to see if we can drive it over thier bank, after about 10 minutes of carefully guiding it, we manage to get it over the hill, and I get a round in my rifle, and it looks up, see's me and Dusty standing there, and charges up the hill, at the time, The Lady who owns the house is outside and dusty gets ready with his club, and I ran part way down the hill, carefully line up my sights, and fire, stopping it with one shot. I waited for a little while. Finally went over and did the legendary poke, and it seemed dead. I grabbed one of its hind legs, and began to drag it, and IT CAME ALIVE! Dusty starts down the hill with his club in hand, and I drop its foot and kill it, as it started running.

We loaded it up onto my 4X4, and go to look at their dog who had gotten hurt, and dad came over to help, it ended up going to the vet.

All in all, Dusty got a superficial wound ( It bled, but he will be OK) on his neck and I got a few scratches on my face.

Wow, from the photo it looks like it will square 10 foot 6 inches. The skull looks to go in the "Book" maybe 30 10/16" Well done, have a beer.

Unquestionably one of the finest Hero Pics I have seen on AOD!!!
    Good Shot!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

So did what kina magnum you use???

Roll it inna hot fire before skinning it. Yoiu should be down to cooking coals by the time you have it skinned and gutted.

Salt, Pepper, Bon Appatite!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

We now know what Don King would look like if he did not shave
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    We now know what Don King would look like if he did not shave
    I can't give you any rep points, as I must spread the love. But that was a very funny post, thanks for the laugh........

Also looks a lot like my ex-wife.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    So did what kina magnum you use???
    My guess is a .32 special What was it FFG?
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    My guess is a .32 special What was it FFG?
    it was me super duper 22 lr, with my special hollow points that I make....I take the federal "hollow points" and then ream out the end with a nail, works good and flies the same as a regular bullet. pretty nifty.

My first thought was new underwear.It does happen to the best.

rep +1,, great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I hope the DLP paperwork goes ok.

nice one man. i enjoyed that a lot! Thanks for taking the time to arrange a great shot. classic alaska story.

next question: rug mount or full body????
    Last edited by Larry Bartlett; 05-29-2011 at 19:49. Reason: additonal info

Looka aggressive to me !!! LOL
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    nice one man. i enjoyed that a lot! Thanks for taking the time to arrange a great shot. classic alaska story.

next question: rug mount or full body????
    Well, I was tight on money so I puled out his fur in anger and I am sellin it....
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Great post... but are you sure the poor thing wasn't in breeding mode? You know, you should never harvest an animal getting ready to breed.

(relax guys, FFG knows I am just funning him,and he knows why)

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Great post... but are you sure the poor thing wasn't in breeding mode? You know, you should never harvest an animal getting ready to breed.

(relax guys, FFG knows I am just funning him,and he knows why)

Oooohh, boy, now you better not bring that over here!! HAHA

Thanks, and no, it was actually a yearling, about 10 Lbs, the other ones I have shot were about 30 or so. dad has got some that were up to 50.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

FFG that was one of the best hunt stories I have read on here or anywhere thank you for taking the time to share your experience and great job properly positioning your fine trophy!!!

Now you know why i will carry nothing less than an .88 Magnum on my hip. It takes all of its 5326grn bullet at 4350fps to kill one of those!

Now that was a very gripping tale..........

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    FFG that was one of the best hunt stories I have read on here or anywhere thank you for taking the time to share your experience and great job properly positioning your fine trophy!!!

I had to sit a little farther back that people would for a bear....about 5 feet HaHa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast