Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: First Bear, Check!!!

  1. #1
    Member jcorwin4278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    360

    Default First Bear, Check!!!

    Got my first bear today, and here is how it went down. My buddy and I went in this morning to check the stand and noticed very little sign. Checked the trail camera to notice, zero pics. I must have shut it off before we left and didnt realize it. So we decided to re-bait it and just "see" what happens. After we bait it we leave for a couple of hours and came back to check it again. We noticed that it had been hit, and my buddy looked up and saw something running. He thought it was a wolverine, or porcupine. We check the trail camera, this time I knew it was on, and saw a bear. So I had my buddy go get my bow, and as we are talking and I'm in my stand, behind my buddy I saw the bea running about 20 yards aaway. So I tell him to get in the stand and I will use my rifle. After a short showing from the bear, I shot. The rest is history! Here is some pics.DSC00830.jpgDSC00834.jpg
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

  2. #2

    Default

    Congratulations on your first bear.
    Last edited by stid2677; 05-28-2011 at 11:28.

  3. #3
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    Congrats guys!!!

    Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

  4. #4

    Default

    Wow, it is a cinnamon bear too. Bonus. Good job.

  5. #5
    Member Bsj425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    I was going to comment or start a thread on cinnamon bear numbers this is the second one taken at this site in 2 weeks cinnamons are kind of rare this way and to get 2 in the same spot I wonder if they were related

  6. #6
    Member Hunt'N'Photos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Cool, nice looking bear!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

    To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

  7. #7

    Default

    Looks exactly the same color as one I shot on the South side of the Tanana River a few years back. I believe this color is much more abundant on the Tanana flats, south side of the river. Is that where you were?

  8. #8

    Default

    Good Bear...way kool with it being a cinnamon phase.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9

    Default

    Nice Job, Killed a decent 6'7'' cinnamon on the Tanana May 15th myself

  10. #10
    Member jcorwin4278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator13 View Post
    Looks exactly the same color as one I shot on the South side of the Tanana River a few years back. I believe this color is much more abundant on the Tanana flats, south side of the river. Is that where you were?
    No, I shot him up north. Like BSJ said, this is the second bear that was taken from the same spot in within 10 days of each other that look the same. Stid was saying he thought that were brothers, which is perfectly possible. I am stoked that it is my first bear, now I just need to keep up the hard work to get more!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

  11. #11

    Default

    Congrats on the first of many bears!!!

  12. #12
    Member AkBillyBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Nice bear...congrats!!
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

  13. #13
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    congrat on the bear

  14. #14

    Default

    Thats awesome man!! And a phase color bear too boot....way to go!!!

  15. #15
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    That's a Beautiful Bear there Corwin, Nice job, Congrats

    thanks for the pics and story also
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •