Thread: Pinochle - Puritan Connection

Default Pinochle - Puritan Connection

Just curious if anyone has riden from the Pinochle/Hicks trailhead around through Caribou creek and Boulder Creek ending at the Puritan trailhead?

Looks like a awesome ride.

its impossible, this has been asked many many times, its a bad rock waterfall and narrow canyon. I have hiked it also and its def not atv'able and im all about making connections. try belanger pass to caribou creek to horsepasture pass, all i can say is bring lots of fuel and plan on 4 days.

Thanks for the fast response. I appreciate the information.

Have a great weekend.

your welcome, be safe!

I have done this in the past on snow machine - see archives for thread. I would imagine it could be pretty exciting in the summer on a 4-wheeler or similar!!!! It took all day and several hours into the night.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Is boulder creek trail open to 4-wheelin yet? Is the trail clear of snow enough to get up the canyon to the top of boulder creek? would be alot of watre flow this time of year i imagine. never been up there this early and a trail report would be appreciated. thanks

Pinochle to Puritan is really interesting. I still think pinochle to eureka is a more feasible venture. How I'd love to ride that route. Ride light, buncha gas, beer for the evenings, great camp fires, a technical and challenging trail. Oh man...... I like that idea.

I've been really far back in pinochle but the eureka connection still eludes me. I've been close, oh so close, still day trips with riding back to the pinochle trailhead at night doesn't provide enough time.

The history of the area, the game, the challenge, the gold, the scenery, all gets me going. Pinochle is my favorite trail by far, and I'd love to ride into the head waters of the lil nel up monument to the lodge from Pinochle. That is my epic adventure in the making.

I did the Pinochle to Eureka run this winter, and usually do part of it every summer. I have never had enough time to go all the way though.

Quote Originally Posted by 338MUZZLEBREAK View Post
    Is boulder creek trail open to 4-wheelin yet? Is the trail clear of snow enough to get up the canyon to the top of boulder creek? would be alot of watre flow this time of year i imagine. never been up there this early and a trail report would be appreciated. thanks
    All clear. We went up there two weeks ago (May 22) and there was only a little bit of snow left in the shady spots and a bit in the river valley but all easily negotiated. We rode all the way to the East Boulder Creek valley split and somewhat up the valley. The swamp just before the river is in pretty good shape. The first swamp you encounter from the parking lot was the most challenging part of the trail. Once we got across that, it was cake.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

You guys seeing any caribou on that trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You guys seeing any caribou on that trail?
    Yes, we've seen Caribou back there and on our trip in May the guy coming out behind us said he saw a herd cross the trail after we passed.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.