Thread: Petersville ATV report

Default Petersville ATV report

Anyone been up there recently to give a trail condition. Is it even open thru the canyon yet or is it too early. If i remember correctly you need an argo in most areas up there to go off the main trail. We have just 4 wheeler so will be traveling the road itself back to the bridge after the canyon. Thinking about heading up there memorial day and curious if its rideable yet. Thanks and everyone have a nice weekend

Friends were up there a few days ago with trucks and were turned around at the canyon due to snow. Maybe in a week and few days....

I was up there on Memorial Day, beautiful day to go riding. Trail is dry, and pretty easy going. At 22 miles from Kroto Creek Bridge, up in the highland, the road had patches of deep snow over it still. Tried to make it through the first patch, but it was rough going. Meet a couple of guys from Eagle River with a side by side. Helped them break through the first patch of snow, but they didn't make it very far past that, and turned around. Did not see any bears, but saw a pretty ptarmigan, good size too. He was about 10 feet off the road. Ran into a group of bear hunters having no luck as well. Road was pretty dusty with the lack of rain though. I say maybe the middle of June or third week to get to Cache Creek and do the loop. The snow patches were still pretty deep. The other trails going off the main road were holding water and looked pretty boggy. I would use a Argo if you have one to get through. If you do use the boggy trails, make sure to bring a land anchor to winch your self out. Looking at going again first week of July. I have rode all the way back to the mining camp in a pick up, and it wasn't fun. A quad makes the ride a lot easier and more enjoyable. Great ride and beautiful scenery. Highly recommended.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Trail was pretty dusty but the rain each night sure helped. Memorial was not too crowded and the people were all pretty respectfull thru the weekend holiday. Didnt see any bear sign at all and we only went to the bridge past the canyon as the rest of the way was closed off from the snow. Be a few more weeks before the trails open up for sure. Alot of water in the river this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by 338MUZZLEBREAK View Post
    Anyone been up there recently to give a trail condition. Is it even open thru the canyon yet or is it too early. If i remember correctly you need an argo in most areas up there to go off the main trail. We have just 4 wheeler so will be traveling the road itself back to the bridge after the canyon. Thinking about heading up there memorial day and curious if its rideable yet. Thanks and everyone have a nice weekend
    This past weekend, a few atv's tried to go in from the bridge side, but they didn't make it very far. Its pretty sloppy and the rain didn't help. Please consider traveling with friends (or an argo) if doing the Cache Creek to Bridge route. ARGO's get stuck in there also.

If conditions were better say dry, would one be able to make the ride from bridge (Cache Creek) around to Black Creek trail and back to Peters Creek? How long of a trip would that be? day trip? longer? How difficult would the collinsville trail be for atv's?Would getting over the Kahiltna river doable?

i did that trip with an argo and 4 wheeler on a "dry" season trust me there is a dry way and a "wet" way we took the wet way and it took ALL day to loop around and get back to the road house. then i ran it backwards and came back from accross the bridge and took the dry rout and it took us half day or so maybe. it's some pretty country and some rough nasty terrain if you don't know what your doing. AND DON"T GO ALONE!!!
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

has anyone taken Rabideux out to Trapper Lake?

Went out again last weekend. Came across one pair of very experienced and prepared ATV riders with extensive local trail knowledge. We parted ways around 4 miles in from the bridge as they were on their way to Cache Creek... we had no reason to go further and were preparing to return back the Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapman411 View Post
    has anyone taken Rabideux out to Trapper Lake?
    In an argo
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Spamming for Dummies?