Thread: Where Do I Start.......with pics

Palmyra, Tn

Default Where Do I Start.......with pics

We trolled for Kings and fished for Halibut on both Tue/Wed. No Kings caught but I expected as much. Had a little better luck with the Halibut.

Tuesday the weather was not as nice as Wednesday. We trolled for Kings with no luck until about 10:30. We dropped the ladies off in Seldovia and we stayed on the boat and rigged for Halibut. Between the morning ride, Seldovia and the Dramamine the ladies wanted to go home. We dropped them off and headed back out for some Halibut. We caught several but in looking for the Derby winner we turned back most and managed two "keepers" before the bite turned off and we called it a day.

Wednesday we trolled for Kings early. Realizing the weather was going to be nice we called the girls to meet us at the dock. Picked them up and headed out to the Compass Rose. We limited out by 5pm.

We learned about the skate population in the Cook Inlet and I am here to report it is healthy.......Not only did I reel up mine but I got to reel up the Misses as well.......not funny is all I am going to say about those. The Irish Lords need to go the way of the Dodo Bird or a methodical eradication plan like the Nutria Rat in Louisiana......what is that about?!?!

Overall a wonderful time. Caught 10 fish over two days. The largest was a 35 pounder with a couple of 30's and a 25'er. Plenty of stories to tell and fillets to take home.
    Attachment 49344

I tried to attach more photos but it would not "let me". I will post more later.

Thanks, P-geek

Excellent job!

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM