Thread: Who usually has the best deals in town?

Question Who usually has the best deals in town?

There is a perticular savage rifle I would like to buy. I can order it off the Internet but I would like to possibly support a local business and have them order it. I have called a couple shops and they can't seem to help me. So who usually has the best deals?
    I triad gun runner and chimo guns in Wasilla. No luck so far

Are you looking for that new savage whatever it is that isnt out yet rthat folks keep asking us about?

Actually, all I'm looking for is a Savage Bear Hunter 116 in a 300 WSM. I didn't think it wod be hard to find. Unfortunately no one has one and most can't seem to even give me a for sure price and expected delivery date.

I've ordered off the internet and had firearms shipped to Gun Runners and American Shootist ("Kitchen Table" FFL). This is totally legal; you don't need to have someone order from their regional distributor. You can order yourself and just have the FFL do the transfer. Both Gun Runners and American Shootist had reasonable prices for transfers.

Unfortunately for me, gunbroker+shipping+FFL fee is usually less expensive than supporting the local shops. I am all for the little guy, as long as he is not gouging me on prices. I know everyone needs to make a living, but here in AK some people are really unrealistic with their prices.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=232313723

Not sure if this price is good or not, but GB is usually where I find the best prices. There is usually enough of a given gun from a variety of dealers that they have to keep things competitive.

$799 for a Savage, plus $35 shipping, plus 2% for credit card, plus $25 for a transfer dealer...for $100 or so more you could buy a Winchester 70

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    $799 for a Savage, plus $35 shipping, plus 2% for credit card, plus $25 for a transfer dealer...for $100 or so more you could buy a Winchester 70
    Yep. And the savage would be more accurate today, tomorrow and 10 years from now. Some guys buy guns for names, some buy guns for looks, I buy guns that are accurate.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Boondock, Eagle River has been good to me.
    Good luck.