Thread: Pike fishing near Fairbanks

Default Pike fishing near Fairbanks

I am looking for a place to fish pike near Fairbanks. I do not have a boat so will need to find a place that I can fish from shore. Just point me in the direction I need to go, and I can have fun. PM me if you don't want the world to know.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

You can catch them in Bathing Beauty lake. I have actually caught a few there throwing Mepps for trout.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...r-pike-fishing

You could also try the chatanika off the murphy dome road launch, but (1) you won't catch many there and (2) I hear the road is bad. Probably won't be any there right now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by FishAddictAK View Post
    You can catch them in Bathing Beauty lake. I have actually caught a few there throwing Mepps for trout.
    very poor numbers here... almost any gravel pit in town has much better numbers

I caught several in the Chena... and my neighbor said there are pike in your backyard.. in the float pond. I have also caught a crap load here.. In the big lake looking one it is only about 5-15 feet deep I take my canoe back there and use spinner baits/ buzz baits and kill them. It is a good time. Oh and that spot is also AWESOME duck/ geese hunting in the fall. You can take the shotgun and the pole if there are no ducks you can catch pike and if the pike arent biting you can usually blast some ducks and geese.

P5280003.jpgMy old man and I were at Bathing Beauty Pond yesterday and only landed one "guessing" about 32" we had one one bigger than that snap 20 pound spider wire about the leader...

Wow, thats awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdcollins86 View Post
    P5280003.jpgMy old man and I were at Bathing Beauty Pond yesterday and only landed one "guessing" about 32" we had one one bigger than that snap 20 pound spider wire about the leader...
    as i understand the regs... pike is closed till june first.... better be careful

to who it may apply. yes pike fishing is indeed closed until the first. please READ the current regulations and respect them. i assure u they have not been written so the man can stick it to you. the regulations serve as a shield to protects our great resources from overharvest or innapropriate use. tight lines guys

Thanks for the look out guys
    I called the a Fairbanks wildlife trooper to be on the safe side, and he told me you can fish any flowing body of water year round and keep the pike, as far as ponds and lakes from April 20th to June first is strictly sportfishing "catch and release".but fishable IMO the regs need to be rewritten in some places it seems very vague...

Quote Originally Posted by jdcollins86 View Post
    Thanks for the look out guys
    I called the a Fairbanks wildlife trooper to be on the safe side, and he told me you can fish any flowing body of water year round and keep the pike, as far as ponds and lakes from April 20th to June first is strictly sportfishing "catch and release".but fishable IMO the regs need to be rewritten in some places it seems very vague...
    if thats the case, then yes they do need to be more specific cus it does say its open from june-april... to me that means closed to c&r as well