Thread: Silvers in Valdez in late August

North Pole, Alaska, United States

Default Silvers in Valdez in late August

Me and my buddy are wanting to do a silver trip in late august. 25th-31 sometime. I was wondering if the silvers were still in and if so, who do I need to charter through? We would like it to be a combo trip with halibut if possible. If anyone has any info and is willing to share, please let me know. Thanks!
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Silvers will be in thick out in the bay. I was there with my family fishing from shore over labor day weekend off the docks and caught 25+ silvers, with this being the tail end of the run. You should have no problem getting into fish with any reputable charter service during this time, although I cannot attest to how shore fishing will be during this time.

That's probably about the best time to be there, so very good timing, first of all. In a typical year, you could easily catch your silver limits from shore or the docks. One thing I've done several times is go in on a boat rental from Fish Central and make it a sort of do-it-yourself charter. Trolling is easy enough...just follow the rest of the fleet. If the fish are there, there will be hundreds of boats within a couple of miles of the harbor.