Thread: Wooldridge 29'--boat name ready to go on!

Default Wooldridge 29'--boat name ready to go on!

hi guys,,,,the decal shop here is ready to put on the boat name tomoroow!...what do you guys think?....it is my wife's design and drawing!!....the entire name and fish is about 6 feet long and 15 inches high...will go underneath the side windows!!.....pez Gordo means "fat fish" in spanish!......i guess it is a fat, happy coho???....and the numbers go on the bow sides of course!...thanks larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

I like it Larry!

Looks great, Larry! Now hurry up and post some fuel burn numbers. I am curious to see how those etecs perform.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I like it was well. If the wife came up with it, how could it be wrong?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I like it was well. If the wife came up with it, how could it be wrong?
    JR--yep, i wanted a litlle less baby blue, but she is "right!"....Spoiled, yes, yes, yes, i will post some numbers,..but right now i am more worried about hitting another boat, slow speed in a warf situation!....by july 10, i must have the ability to parallel park this baby between two boats in a prince rupert marina and jump out and secure the boat by myself?....news at eleven??....we will be there for three weeks!!.......bronco, thank you too!!

....we are off to babine lake on monday for a week, another big lake, i have acess to a number of warfs to play, play play!!....fish too,,,,lake trout and big rainbows and ling and kokanee, but i think the rainbows will be in spawn mode?.....thanks again larry

You will do fine parallel parking that beauty! Gel coat buff right
    off! Finesse is your friend. I look forward to the report.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Gel coat buff right
    off!.

too funny,,,yep, i am not worried about our boat, its the one may hit!!!!...yes, i will tell all of our 'adventures...i already told the harbour master i am another green horn, amd the first time i show up he "said" he will be there to help

Remember when learning to park, slow is your friend. Play around with one engine forward and one in reverse to see what happens, it might turn on a dime. When you have the port engine in reverse and the starboard in forward it will turn counter clockwise, and when the port engine in forward and the starboard is in reverse, it will turn clockwise, just put both in forward and go forward and both in reverse and go reverse, slow idle is all that is needed to make a move. If it gets windy or a currant is encountered more power is needed. Go out into the middle of the lake and practice to get the feel of what happens, then go to the dock and take it SLOW. I launch and retreive my 34 foot boat by myself all the time, at first it was kinda bumpy, but in a few days it got much easier. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    JR--yep, i wanted a litlle less baby blue, but she is "right!"....Spoiled, yes, yes, yes, i will post some numbers,..but right now i am more worried about hitting another boat, slow speed in a warf situation!....by july 10, i must have the ability to parallel park this baby between two boats in a prince rupert marina and jump out and secure the boat by myself?....news at eleven??....we will be there for three weeks!!.......bronco, thank you too!!

....we are off to babine lake on monday for a week, another big lake, i have acess to a number of warfs to play, play play!!....fish too,,,,lake trout and big rainbows and ling and kokanee, but i think the rainbows will be in spawn mode?.....thanks again larry
    So jealous 'bout the Babine fishery! I usually walk in to some of the rivers west of there. Spoiled? I don't think so. Living?.....indeed! That is one beautiful Wooldridge you have there sir.- Danny

hi all....well, it came out of the printer "no so blue"-- more a teal color, although it is hard to tell by the pic!!......ok, back to packing for next weeks trip, since i have to work all weekend!!!.......there WILL be fish blood for the first time in this boat--I SWEAR!!!!.....come on monday!!!.....thanks larry

That's a perfect colour for the back drop cabin colour of your boat. Very easy to read and not over bearing in design. Looks like your wife new what she was doing. Very awsome, I like it alot.

I like it Larry! Your wife did well.

Don't let yourself get to anxious about maneuvering your boat. Remember, it's supposed to be fun, right? I think you'll find other boaters very tolerant and willing to help because we all had to start as greenhorns sometime.

Good luck, and don't let anyone pack any bananas on Pez Gordo!

Mike