Thread: JES Reboring again

Default JES Reboring again

Found this little bargain and decided that I have waited long enough for a 358 Winchester. Jess Ocumpaugh at JES Rifle Reboring is the man for the job and as soon as it gets to me it's getting sent to him.

This 35 caliber thing has been bouncing around in my head ever since evendailey went and reaped all of that praise on the mighty 35 calibers. Thanks Evan...like I needed any prodding!!...gotta blame it on somebody!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=230327802

That is indeed a score! I really like the lines, and it's the ideal platform for a quick 358. Keep us posted!

I foresee you are going to really like this little rifle when you're done with it EKC. Hard to trump the various .35s....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Nobody wanted it in 308 but but to buy it in 358 would likely take more than you will have in it when done, good find EKC!

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Your gonna make the Gov't "watch" list as many guns as you have coming and going EKC - Geez!
    I had a Ruger 77R in 358 NIB and never fired it - wish I had it back now...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Your gonna make the Gov't "watch" list as many guns as you have coming and going EKC - Geez!
    I had a Ruger 77R in 358 NIB and never fired it - wish I had it back now...
    Yeah well, I figure that if I keep the government busy enough worrying about me then they ought to leave the rest of you alone.

I had to many vehicles in the fleet this time last year so I sold some of them and turned them into guns! I still have 2 motorcycles for sale Smokey....ya want one? I take guns in trade! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Found this little bargain and decided that I have waited long enough for a 358 Winchester. Jess Ocumpaugh at JES Rifle Reboring is the man for the job and as soon as it gets to me it's getting sent to him.

This 35 caliber thing has been bouncing around in my head ever since evendailey went and reaped all of that praise on the mighty 35 calibers. Thanks Evan...like I needed any prodding!!...gotta blame it on somebody!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=230327802
    That put a big ol' smile on my face EKC! I'll take all the blame. I may need to blame you some day. You are doing the exact little brother project to my .358 Norma that I have wanted to do. I bought that same rifle for the same price in 7mm Mag and built my Norma from it. I have always intended to do one some day in .358 Win. You're making me jealous. I may have to get out to Iowa one of these days so those two siblings can meet!

Yeah well, I figure that if I keep the government busy enough worrying about me then they ought to leave the rest of you alone.

I had to many vehicles in the fleet this time last year so I sold some of them and turned them into guns! I still have 2 motorcycles for sale Smokey....ya want one? I take guns in trade! Ha!
    Sorry, sold all my scooters years ago - used to ride a lot, one day I told the wife I felt scared to ride and sold'em all in short order. Not sure what happened but something inside said stop - I sure do enjoy the 4 wheelers though!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Sorry, sold all my scooters years ago - used to ride a lot, one day I told the wife I felt scared to ride and sold'em all in short order. Not sure what happened but something inside said stop - I sure do enjoy the 4 wheelers though!
    Exactly Smokey! I bought a Yamaha Grizzly 2 years ago and I would rather jump on it and take a ride out into the country than ride on a busy highway with the bike any day. Our city has an ordanance against riding on city streets but I'm 1 block from the city limits and as long as i behave myself the police let me ride right past them enroute to the country. Once outside the city a slow moving vehicle sign makes it a farm implement and I'm good to go.

My health the last couple of years has made me rethink the motorcycles and interstate highway stuff.

Exactly Smokey! I bought a Yamaha Grizzly 2 years ago and I would rather jump on it and take a ride out into the country than ride on a busy highway with the bike any day. Our city has an ordanance against riding on city streets but I'm 1 block from the city limits and as long as i behave myself the police let me ride right past them enroute to the country. Once outside the city a slow moving vehicle sign makes it a farm implement and I'm good to go.

My health the last couple of years has made me rethink the motorcycles and interstate highway stuff.
    Had me an iron horse in Arizona and used it to head into the hills north of Phoenix, get out of the city on the way back roads to hunt, scout, and what not. Worked great but I hated playin chicken with nuts driving cars for the 10 miles to get out of town. I hauled the thing to Alaska thinking it would be handy here but the first week I was here a friend hit a moose on his bike . . . he lived (looked like heck and busted a leg) but I sold my iron horse! Nuts behind the wheels of cars AND moose hazards, no thanks.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The length of the internal magazine should enable you to load the long 225g Accubonds with enough powder to make your 358Win perfect. I think you made an excellent selection.