Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who hasn't been hit?

Default Who hasn't been hit?

Not trying to be a negative nancy, just seeing who else has not been hit yet. Getting ready to go check my stuff now, keeping the fingers crossed.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Not trying to be a negative nancy, just seeing who else has not been hit yet. Getting ready to go check my stuff now, keeping the fingers crossed.
    The bears have done a great job at ignoring our station this year. Time is getting short...I hope they find us soon.

lol, I havn't even put out bait yet. Be patient! Baits up north usually heat up the first week in June. My first hits are from May26th - June 2nd and by another week it's getting slammed. Be patient...

Raises hand in shame

hope this weekend shines a better light on my station!

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Patience I have, time I don't. Bear season closes on 10 June in 6D.

I have only brown bear hits. No blacks.

Just squirrels andrabbits at mine

Raven & squirrels

...wait, does a cinnamon phase vole count?

Well all quiet out here.......... still. Telling myself every positive thing I can........................................ grrr.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Just a gray squirrel and a trooper.....

I got a trooper also.

He said he was checking every registered stand in the unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ya still have not been hit but we will see tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Well all quiet out here.......... still. Telling myself every positive thing I can........................................ grrr.
    If you’re in 14A don't worry man. It's an odd spring i wouldn’t panic tell the first week of June if you still haven't had activity. Keep doing burns, fudge, marsh mellows, jello any kind of extracts as well as hang some scents in the trees around a half mile radius around your station.... Just make one big circle of stink, this will make your station larger and will most certainly up your chance of drawing in bears from miles away. YOU WILL GET IT.

Nothing as of last week in 16A but I'll find out tonight or tomorrow morning. 2 yrs ago I went out May 1 and there was already tracks like they were waiting on me to hurry up and feed them

I was about to reply to this thread a week ago when a little lost bear walked past my site. I was thinking, great let it begin. Now a week later and nothing else save ravens and squirrels I find myself wondering what I have done wrong or did I just pick the wrong area.

Quote Originally Posted by mlwent View Post
    I was about to reply to this thread a week ago when a little lost bear walked past my site. I was thinking, great let it begin. Now a week later and nothing else save ravens and squirrels I find myself wondering what I have done wrong or did I just pick the wrong area.
    Sounds like there's more of us in this situation then should be. Last I checked neither site had been hit. I know both sites had bears last yEar.

Have I been hit? HA! Heck no, I have a gun that is sighted in and a bear tag! like thats ever gonna happen.

Two of four stands hit with two bears taken so far this year. Hard to tell why the other two sites didn't get hit but I expect one to be hit this weekend... bear dung was all around the stand but the bait wasn't touched. Saw a bunch of bear tracks on the river banks mid-week so I know the bears are out and about. Keep refreshing the bait and do your best to stink it up by burning Bait'Em 907's "Attitude Adjustment" or honey. (the Attitude Adjustment burns longer and is superior IMO). Good luck!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

so Thursday burnt my bear "candle" made from butter crisco, powdered sugar and peppermints. It smell like a Christmas Doughnut. Nothing....Last night did a honey, corn syrup, maple burn. Smelled like burnt honey go figure. Nothing. Going to wait till Sunday or Monday night and see if anything found my site with all that smell I put out. Still can't believe the one bear I did have didn't stay longer or come back at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast