Thread: where to fish in soldotna

Default where to fish in soldotna

I'm going to be in soldotna this weekend fighting the crowd. I won't have a lot of time to fish, maybe some evenings. Anyone have any ideas on where to go thats easy to cast a few?

What do you want to catch? Kings should be starting in the Kasilof (~10miles south of Soldotna) or there are several area lakes where you can try for rainbows and dollies. If you have an Iphone, check out FISH FINDER. I'm sure these guys on the forum have some favorite spots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtheroad View Post
    What do you want to catch? Kings should be starting in the Kasilof (~10miles south of Soldotna) or there are several area lakes where you can try for rainbows and dollies. If you have an Iphone, check out FISH FINDER. I'm sure these guys on the forum have some favorite spots as well.
    That fish finder app is saweet especially for someone who doesnt know the area. It doest have everything but it has more than enough to keep someone who doesnt know the area very very busy.

kings would be nice, I was thinking trout as well. I haven't checked out the regulations yet so i'm not sure if trout is open yet in the kenai river.

No rainbow fishing allowed at this time on the Kenai River.