Thread: byers lake/creek

Default byers lake/creek

Anyone fished this place? the wife and her friend planned a camping trip there for memorial day so I am stuck no matter what the fishing is like. any info or tips on this body of water or the general area? I don't mid traveling 20 or 30 miles from there.
    thanks

never fished there this early, but the creek is fun to fish for trout. I did fairly well with small spinners, size 2 and less.

thanks man,
    did you fish near the mouth?

The creek could be pretty high and rushing over boulders in the mid section around the bridge. At the outlet of the lake, that shouldn't be a problem but haven't caught anything this early. The mouth that dumps into the Chulitna is a long walk down with no access besides wading down the rushing overgrown creek. Also, in the fall that place is absolutely infested with bear. Not sure what the situation is in spring but probably not near the same.

I camped there last year and fished off and on for a couple of days without a bite. They told us there are some big lake trout way down deep, but never tried for em.