Thread: Has anyone added a hard top? Please help

Default Has anyone added a hard top? Please help

I have a low hour 1991 sold 21' Jetcraft ET that I love except for the canvas. Well I would like a fish box too. I want to have a hard top added to the boat with an Alaskan Bulkhead. Does anyone have pictures of their top?

This is my official first post. I have been a member before but that was a while ago and I no longer had the information to log in. I would post a picture but I do not have permission yet. Thanks in advance!

I need to do the same thing to my canvas top. There is someone in Wasilla (?) that has been advertising on either Craigs or Alaska list that he does sheet metal work and welding of aluminum. I was going to send him the specification for my boat and see what he quotes.

jsneyman@hotmail.com Was the email on the listing.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Mike's Welding in Sterling does a great job with good looks. But quality work isn't the cheapest. And he only does boats in the winter

For quality work try Greatland Welding @745-2383 on the palmer wasilla close to 4 corners. Gary and his crew will do a good job for you .

The hard top was a great addition.

What a great setup!

I talked to Ben at Silver Streak boats about a hardtop, He quoted me a 7' ( length) with a alaskan bulkhead for $5500.oo, a bit spendy for me but I am not interested in the bulkhead. What you desire in design affects the cost significantly.

What model boat do you have?

94' 22'ft Fish-rite Explorer

built this one on my wooldridge 2 years ago,got tired of all the canvas also,alittle under 3 grand including buying the welder,frame picks off with canvas still installed,dimond plate back 2/3sIMG_1671.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    For quality work try Greatland Welding @745-2383 on the palmer wasilla close to 4 corners. Gary and his crew will do a good job for you .
    I second Gary at greatland welding. There great guys and dont mind if you ask lots of questions while there working on your projects..

To demonstrate I don't have clue one, what exactly is an Alaska bulkhead? I see the term often but don't know for sure what is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    To demonstrate I don't have clue one, what exactly is an Alaska bulkhead? I see the term often but don't know for sure what is. Thanks
    It's an aluminum bulkhead with two windows and a hinged door, standard is a canvas bulkhead with a zippered door.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

what a great looking boat... how much was the hard top addition ? did you have it done or do it Yourself ?