Thread: montague?

Default montague?

Posted this a while ago but got no feedback so wil try one more time. I am looking for transporters for a drop off hunt to the forest service cabins on montague. Anyone one have suggestions as to outfitters they had a good experience with?
    In the past I have hunted the beach river area and used bear lake air., was looking for some feedback on other state cabin areas. Someone mentioned log jam but said there was a giant brownie that lives near the cabin and has caused problems for other hunters. Not looking for secret spots from anyone. Was just wondering if someone could recomend a pilot for a drop off and some other areas besided beach river. I didnt mind beach river but would like to see another part of the island this time. Also are you required to get native land use permits now to hunt over there? and where do you go to reserve the cabins. My buddy set the whole thing up last time and has since passed away so I dont really know where to get started any help would be greatly appreciated. I have done a web search but very few info on montague transporters all I have found is bear lake air and natron air. Im looking at a party of 4 hunters so far, as long as none drop out.
    Thanks for any advice.

If you are going to hunt the private land at Patton Bay around the Beach River and north of Nellie Martin River, yes, you do need to get a land use permit from the Native Corporation.

What will you be hunting?
    Tennessee

Default montague

will be hunting deer. I think brown bear hunting is closed or by draw only if not mistaken. Another question, I was told you cant reserve the forest cabins until 180 days prior to your hunt date any truth to this? If hunting the areas around the forest cabin san juan, beach river. log jam etc is a native use permit required and how much are the permits who do you go through to obtain them. Sorry for so many questions but I want to make sure I have all my basis covered. Still hopeing for transporter advice suggestions
    Thanks

Geoff,
    You have a PM.

I believe you are right about not being able to reserve the cabins until 180 days before you intend to stay there. Be quick too, the Beach River, Nellie Martin and San Juan Cabins are very popular.

To check for private lands, you can always search the land status at http://plats.landrecords.info/index.html You'll need to learn a little about how to read Master Title Plats or State Status Plats, but it is pretty straight forward. You can search by maps or by Township and Range descriptions, or even survey numbers.

Arrow

check around cordova for pilots (fishing and flying, cordova air service), and with the forest service there. go to www.recreation.gov for cabin reservations, which is 180 days in advance of the first day of your stay.

hope this helps.

Last fall, I flew out with Natron Air. It was a pleasure doing business with him, and I'd do it again (maybe this fall). He's out of Soldotna.
    Regards,
    Nick