Thread: Vehicles we use to get to our honey holes

Default Vehicles we use to get to our honey holes

Figured I would post this up so in the future I can say hello to a fellow baiter from the forums.

So post up what you usually take to the field.

you usually will see me rolling around in a maroon/gold ford explorer with a mini rack on the back usually carrying a big white cooler. I know another person who I assume baits near me (maybe owns a cabin out my way though not sure) has a goldish F250 with a nice wellscargo enclosed trailer.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I use a black f-150 pulling a trailer hauling a green ranger 6x6 or a black and gold ranger. I won't be going out for a few days since both are down.

2008 Blue Dodge Mega Cab with license plate HMBREW. MMMM BEER!

Green Dodge Ram 1500 with a yellow Honda 4 wheeler in the back.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

An American made vehicle (Dodge), boat (Phantom) and four-wheeler (Polaris).

I think a vehicle logo sticker, boat flag, etc. would be the way to go for anyone wanting to identify each other. Sorry I won't give out more info but unfortunately we have to protect ourselves these days.. never know who's watching or reading. Case in point, I've already had one guy that 'recognized my boat' and was all to happy to tell me he set a bait and was hunting 'in my area'. He was all to happy at all the bears coming in... Needless to say I wasn't pleased and didn't set any bait at that location and closed the site with F&G. Long story short, I don't want any more of my hunting sites 'found', I don't want to be followed or (heaven forbid) something stolen out of my truck/boat because of something I posted on-line, etc.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

If you see my truck please steal it i have insurance if the ranger is on it as well take it too. LOL

Dodge mega cab pulling a 4X4 ranger

Default That's what I'm worried about

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    An American made vehicle (Dodge), boat (Phantom) and four-wheeler (Polaris).

I think a vehicle logo sticker, boat flag, etc. would be the way to go for anyone wanting to identify each other. Sorry I won't give out more info but unfortunately we have to protect ourselves these days.. never know who's watching or reading. Case in point, I've already had one guy that 'recognized my boat' and was all to happy to tell me he set a bait and was hunting 'in my area'. He was all to happy at all the bears coming in... Needless to say I wasn't pleased and didn't set any bait at that location and closed the site with F&G. Long story short, I don't want any more of my hunting sites 'found', I don't want to be followed or (heaven forbid) something stolen out of my truck/boat because of something I posted on-line, etc.
    You can't expect everyone to have the same respect you would for someone elses hard work.

I have a brand new 2009 F250 SuperCrew with all of 1000 miles on it... It can be found in my garage 99.9999% of the time though that is finally about to change! This summer it should finally get to do it's job and make light work of dragging my Wolly AK or a pile of wheelers around. Hoping to let it drag around some sleds this winter to boot!

OK, truthfully it will probably spend most of the summer driving back and forth to Spenards/Lowes/home depot for siding, windows, and maybe flooring, interior doors and trim. FML...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    OK, truthfully it will probably spend most of the summer driving back and forth to Spenards/Lowes/home depot for siding, windows, and maybe flooring, interior doors and trim. FML...
    Facing the hard reality of what you really will be doing with your time this summer is the hardest part. I'm still in denial...

I take a Prius that burns hemp oil. Once I get to the trail i strap on my Birkenstocks and let my dreadlocks hang down like a ghillie suit.
    Thank you, God, for making so many wonderful creatures. Thank you, not only for that, but also for making them out of meat!

I tAke my piece of crap 95 white gmc with a big white bow hunter sticker. But currently I'm up north in a big blue truck

I will passing my bait site either tomorrow or thursday in a LHS military vehicle since I will be heading to fairbanks on a mission for a few days. looks like once again I will only have 2 days of hunting at my site this 4 day weekend. Ohh well wishful thinking may bring in a nice keeper.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Will give you a call today we are going out to our sites tonight well maybe you can tag along and see where they are you can hunt them if you like... Won't hunt them sat, or Sunday have things going on those two days...

Thanks 323 however unless they are close I will be unable to hunt at all today as I leave Asscrack early tomorrow for a mission up north. Should be back sat/sun time frame though.

F150 and a Yamaha Grizzly 700 may go out tom. NHRA, I will let you know, fingers crossed. This is my last year, I found out heading back to McChord/Lewis.

Ahh fig i just left jblm i know some.great deer and elk areas there

Hmm...should fill me in I was there from 03-07 then here from 07-11 and now headed back maybe this will keep being a 4 year swap out, haha

Yah I was here from 05-08 then JBLM from 08-11 then up here and plan on staying lol