Thread: Setter Owners!

Default Setter Owners!

Just curious how many setter owners are out there (in AK). It seems like there may be more than I realized. I obviously have one, and I know sameyer has Winchester. Who else has one, and from what kennel?

Rainbow kennel out of ohio for my setter Okie.

Default Berg Brothers

I have a 5 month old Field Trial type English Setter from Berg Brothers Setters in Clearwater, MN. I have her with me this summer out near Tok, AK but we call Eagle River, AK home.

Jason

Someone ought to get an Alaska Setters Club going already....

Not a bad idea Jason!

I'm getting one in about a month. 1 1/2yr old male out of Maine.
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    I'm getting one in about a month. 1 1/2yr old male out of Maine.
    Grizzly man,
    What "type" of Setter are you getting? IS it a started/finished dog? Kennel?

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Regarding a club, If your really interested feel free to be a fan of Alaska Dog News and post the request there. We have nearly 1000 fans, mostly in AK. You can do that by going to www.alaskadognews.com, clicking on the link and joining. You have to have a Facebook account. After running this page for over a year Facebook is the next best way or maybe even better than a website. It's easier, no tech ability needed and people can send people to you. I know that many of the breed specific clubs are having a hard time gaining members. You almost have to include both field, show, companion, obedience, agility to keep enough going. The market is just too small. I helped run a club down in Seattle many years ago that was just a retriever training club, but even with that market it was hard to keep more than 3-4 people as officers from doing all the work. I'd say start up a Facebook page for discussion. I'll be happy to send people your way. We all learn by discussing. Other than that the Arctic Bird Dog Assoc. with multiple breeds and skills is the only other option. They are a very nice group. (even accepted my Labradoodle in class)
    Linda
    www.alaskadognews.com