Thread: End of an Era- Accurate Reloading forums

Default End of an Era- Accurate Reloading forums

Went to that site this morning after checking in here: http://www.accuratereloading.com/forums/index2.html

The accurate reloading forum is perhaps the largest and most involved shooting / hunting /reloading / collection forum going and was interesting in that it has no advertising etc. other than a few things they sold with their logo. I've been a memeber for some years and made a post the other day after a long absense in adding anything prefering to particiate here our Alaskan forum.

But the free era has ended there - site has an interesting story that ties a few things together. It is worth checking out just for the story.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Wow. Sad. I have been a member back since 1999.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I enjoyed their site, but not enough to pay $5 per month for partial access. At least they are allowing free browsing. I suspect a lot of people will just browse now.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every year on April Fools they screw with the members. Last year (4-1-2010) this was their prank. They changed the home page to this and I have no idea how you found it??????? Not to worry folks it's not true. Keep surffing it's still free.

www.accuratereloading.com

Brett

Default Thanks!

Brett-

Thanks for setting things straight. I didn't have the site in my favorites on one computer and when I did a search that site is what showed up. Looked a bit hokey but then again there is the video clip of the Arab looking dude shooting the heavy recoiling gun at their range.

Perhaps they explain somewhere but who does support that site? Looks like they have a rather fabulous indoor range setup for starts and it cost some $$ to just keep the site up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Adam Barringer View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every year on April Fools they screw with the members. Last year (4-1-2010) this was their prank. They changed the home page to this and I have no idea how you found it??????? Not to worry folks it's not true. Keep surffing it's still free.

www.accuratereloading.com

Brett
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

The owner of the site is Saeed Al Maktum (sp?). He's in the royal family of Dubai. He has lots of money and sponsors the site for all free of charge and in fact regularly gives away things to members including a DVD of his yearly hunt in Tanzania to any member who wants it. It's the best international hunting resource on the internet and a darn fine group of guys...........and girls!

Brett

lol....the pranks on that forum have been going on for yrs. now, hook line and sinker tvfinak.

Saeed also used to sponsor a free a hunt for a U.S Service members to Africa until one year some jerk off won it he was a Reserve Soldier when that fella wasn't doing the Army thing he was a GS-14 something like that... Anyhow he wins goes to Africa with Saeed and the crew takes a cannon of a rifle that wieghs a bazillion pounds and he cant hit crap with it. Anyhow he wouldn't listen to the PH typical I know more than you type guy anyhow the hunt went south from there and Saeed has not sponsored another hunt like that since then, well far as I know he hasn't. Cause of that jack wad... If you go into the Africa section you might be able to do a search for that thread...

The best ones are posted in classifieds on 1 April someone always post a rifle that is rare or hard to come by at a dirt cheap price people forget what the day is and can;t hit reply fast enough to tell them they want it then reality sets in when they realize it April fools days..

Default Its may

Lot easier to get snookered in on an April Fools joke in mid-May!

I hadn't been to the site in while, I guess I missed the April Fools goings on somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz106 View Post
    lol....the pranks on that forum have been going on for yrs. now, hook line and sinker tvfinak.

If you want a site even better, with a huge "Free Classified" section, try www.24hourcampfire.com

Too bad it wasn't/isn't true. Saeed is about as Anti-American as they come. Total scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Too bad it wasn't/isn't true. Saeed is about as Anti-American as they come. Total scumbag.
    What the hell are you talking about????

Brett

His political forum is where his true character lies. All those tongue-in-cheek comments, tippy-toeing bashing and hints for further American soldier casualties on the war on terror. Yep, that guy can get you-know-what! And you can't tell me different as I have been witnessing it since '02. But believe what you want, he does have a loyal following that follows closely behind him picking up the crumbs he drops behind. The guy is a liar and a fake. Typical Muslim genetics.

Sounds like you have also spent some time in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    His political forum is where his true character lies. All those tongue-in-cheek comments, tippy-toeing bashing and hints for further American soldier casualties on the war on terror. Yep, that guy can get you-know-what! And you can't tell me different as I have been witnessing it since '02. But believe what you want, he does have a loyal following that follows closely behind him picking up the crumbs he drops behind. The guy is a liar and a fake. Typical Muslim genetics.

The political forum is a cesspool and I stay away from it. Low brow doesn't even begin..........

Saeed is the same muslim with "Typical Muslim genetics" that regularly post greeting to his Jewish members on Jewish holidays and greetings to American members on veterans day, fourth of July, ect, ect.

As for your "The guy is a liar and a fake. Typical Muslim genetics."......perhaps you do belong on the AR political forum.

Brett