Thread: Sights in the scope

Default Sights in the scope

Just picked up a Winchester model 70 in 375 H&H and I'm one happy camper but I think i may have a dilemma. When i look through my scope i can faintly see the front sight in my scope. I don't want to take the sights off as i plan on using them as back up in case the scope craps out on me. I also dont want the rings any higher than they are, any suggestions?

Just shoot it as is. If you have a low magnification scope and a front sight blade, the front sight blade will be visible. That said, it has no effect on your ability to place your shots, so ignore it.

Thumbs up Congrats!!!

Congrats on the WIN 70 .375 H&H!!!

The base/ring combo likely will not make any dif.

I'M GUESSING YOU HAVE A WIDE FIELD OF VIEW & LOW MAGNIFICATION OR VARIABL LIKE 1.5 OR 2x - SOMETHING???

If so - you'll have to live w/ the front sight in the picture. I would doubt that it would find itself centered in the crosshairs tho'.

I'd go WARNE Quick Det. bases (possibly even one piece rail for more options) & ring set up over Leupold QR or QD.

Again Congrats -

Default I hear ya!

I had a Rem 700 Mountain Rifle in .260 with a Leupold Vari-X III 1.75-6 and when it was turned down the entire front 10" or so of the barrell would point up in my sight picture! Seemed kinda weird but I learned to deal with it.

Dave

Thumbs up Sights

Thanks for the congrats Brian, I can't believe i actually own one and didn't have to mortgage the house for it! The scope is a Leupold Vari X III in 3.5x10x40, I did notice that when i go from 3.5 to a higher power the sight does disappear and when i can see it, it is more of a hazy fuzzy object located closer to the bottom in the sight picture. I think I will just live with it the way it is. Brian, why do you suggest the Warne QD bases over the Leupold? Thanks for the info guys!!