Thread: Peep site turning/???

Default Peep site turning/???

My new bow has a peep site that turns when at full draw, makes it very hard to shoot stright. Any suggestions for keeping it stright without a rubber tube.

After brake in of new string 100shots sometime more or less depends what the string was made with, 8125,450..ect...You will have to reset the peep in the string.best to do this with a press, take weight off string and move strands from one side to other until comes back flat to your eye. Or Take string off of cam give couple turns.at time try until you get it right.. If you don,t have a press..I wouldn,t suggest this to everyone, but i have made field repairs, of this sort by drawing the bow and taking screwdriver and putting in the holes of the cam and let down VERY easy would hold the string loose to make repairs, This best done with 2 poeple. make it easier.If never done such a thing,find someone to help with this that has.Or could end up jumping the string off of cam and have a mess..

I ended up going back to the rubber tube.

Thank you for the suggestion I bought a tube today, but I would not like to put it on, I will try the moving strings first, I chronographed the bow today, and got 331 FPS. My old bow would only do about 294. It sure makes the arrow get to the target fast. I have only shot about 50 shots, so I will shoot it some more before I do the fixin. Thanks again.

I had several issues with the rubber tube. After multiple visits to a local archery shop, I got tired of the tubes breaking and the fixity of the peep sight became compromised ... so chose to fix the problem myself. For the fix, I bought a bow press (Apple Archery Edge bow press listed for $319 at cabelas). After working on the peep a bit... its fixed.

Do you shoot with a D-loop? After years of fussing with peeps by moving strands or twisting strings... I finally just started rotating my d-loop around the string until it pulls the peep straight. Funny thing is, it will often "train" the string after a couple hundred shots and be right in the correct position for the rest of the life of the string.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'm not very smart at bow tuning, just enjoy hunting and shooting. However, I have taken the string off and rotated the string on half turn at a time one way or the other and it seemed to solve the problem.

Yes I have a D-loop, I was thinking the same thing, the loop is off center line while at rest, so I will strighten it out and see what happens. Thanks all.

I do the same thing as AKDoug - turn the D loop a tad to get final adjustments worked out.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.