Thread: willow

Default willow

whats the water looking like? was kinda muddy last weekend. anyone hit it today? trying to plan tomorrows trip

Yesterday afternoon it was semi-clear (or semi-cloudy, depending on your view point). Visibility was around 2-3 feet.

thanks gary, you do any good?

Fished it today for 8 hours. Slooooow Day. Visibility sucks. Water level is... well it's not high, but it's not low. Lots of moose. Threw everything. Smolt, llamas, buggers, nymphs, drys, sculpin, intruders, etc, etc. Everything I had. Not much happening. One decent hookup. Minimal success on washed out flesh.

Good day though!!

Willow is always Baby *poop* Brindle colored anyway. So i wasn't too worried about the color.

Were you fishing above or below the hiway?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    thanks gary, you do any good?
    We only fished for about 2 hours (2-4). I caught 2 - 14" & 18" & missed a couple, using a smolt pattern.
    Fished near the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    Fished it today for 8 hours. Slooooow Day. Visibility sucks. Water level is... well it's not high, but it's not low. Lots of moose. Threw everything. Smolt, llamas, buggers, nymphs, drys, sculpin, intruders, etc, etc. Everything I had. Not much happening. One decent hookup. Minimal success on washed out flesh.

Good day though!!

Willow is always Baby *poop* Brindle colored anyway. So i wasn't too worried about the color.
    Icb12
    Just want to say thanks for the heads up on the numerous Moose in the area near the Willow! Today while walking from the parking lot to the river with my lab, I decided to walk via direct through the woods. While half way through I was charged by a big cow, about the only thing I can attribute to me not getting trampled was a nice size tree which I used to jump behind at the last moment!.. Yikes, it was way too close. Thank God a speeding moose turns like a crewcab F350! My guess is there was a newborn calf nearby and she was just protecting her young from what she perceived a threat, "my chocolate lab and perhaps me". Any case, thanks again icb12, I can honestly say that due to your post I was being extra vigilant when hiking through that section of woods and spotted that cow from a distance that gave me time to react to a bad situation!.. Those of you who may be working near the mouth of the Willow in the near future be cautious.. For that matter, anywhere in this awesome state!..

Hey man, you're welcome. Glad you didn't get trampled!