Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    975

    Default May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

    Just an hour ago I took some photographs of a nasty wild fire up in the hills along the Goldstream Valley just outside of downtown Fairbanks. The wind is blowing steady today and it's quite dry; not good for fighting such fires, but the BLM firefighters are hard at it as always.






    Scooping up water at the International Airport float pond, conveniently close to the fire.





    I sure hope no one lost their home and no one gets hurt in this fire.

    Jim

  2. #2
    Member Akgramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Last civilized place on the planet
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Great pics Jim, I understand it is near old Murphy Dome Road, we could sure use some rain, been a dry spring...................!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

  3. #3
    Member grcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Thanks for the pics. We have been watching this from Skyflight since about 4:30pm. I sure hope everyone is okay. It looked like it moved really fast for awhile.

    Thank you so much to the firefighters!!

  4. #4
    Member alaska4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Remote Skwentna
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Good capture on the pics. This is the part of Spring and Summer I hate, the fire season. Hope everyone is fine also.
    JOHN

  5. #5

    Default

    Nice photos...fast action stopped on the props of the plane.

    Are the locals helping fight the fire at all or standing back waiting for others...the pro's....to make it happen?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •