Thread: Little Susitna

Default Little Susitna

Does anyone know if any Kings have been caught yet in Susitna?

there have, and the deshka.

anyone fish here in the last few days? im thinking about swinging by there memorial weekend to do some king fishing. no boat so i'll try to find some spots to wade in the water.

on a side note, for those who bought that fishing dvd made by the duke brothers "alaska roadside fishing". Are those spots at the little sue still hot where they were fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    anyone fish here in the last few days? im thinking about swinging by there memorial weekend to do some king fishing. no boat so i'll try to find some spots to wade in the water.

on a side note, for those who bought that fishing dvd made by the duke brothers "alaska roadside fishing". Are those spots at the little sue still hot where they were fishing?
    I don't go there until the 1st week of June, but there are few fish in the river already and will be on Memorial Day Weekend. I usually avoid weekends down there as it can be stupid busy on the water. As far as those spots the Duke Brothers were at, you can catch fish there if there are fish there. The salmon move up the river pretty quicky to spawn and don't stay in one place too long. And it takes them a good amount of time to get all the way up to the Parks area, but I am sure some have made it by now.....Timing is everything as is putting your time in. Fishing will likely be slow from a boat and even slower from the bank. Good luck out there and be safe