Thread: Hi skew impeller

Default Hi skew impeller

Not sure how many people run the 175 hp mercury sport jet, but just replaced the original three blade with a high skew impeller, and the results were IMPRESSIVE! It pops out of the water instantly! I just took it for a quick test ride and that alone impressed me as I run in a lot of shallow/muddy/weedy areas that I need to be up and on step. Speed was also impressive. Well worth the cost of replacement.

What did it run you Northway? Do you also have a SS sleeve? Notice any difference with cavitation?

I'm running a phantom 20-06. Yes, stainless steel sleeve. I've never had cavitation. I think the impeller was about $925. I am very impressed. Can't wait to take it out for a couple day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    I've never had cavitation.
    wow .
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I shouldn't have said never, but very little.

I upgraded to a high skew and also love what it offers - especially with all the junk in the water this time of year. I bought mine for $550 this year at the boat show.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    I upgraded to a high skew and also love what it offers - especially with all the junk in the water this time of year. I bought mine for $550 this year at the boat show.
    I wish I would have been at the boat show!!! That is a great price for one!

Great price for sure...who was selling them at that price?
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Have to apologize for the cavitating statement. I thought cavitating was slightly different than what it really is. I do cavitate, and did so with the 3 blade. I am hoping that the high skew will alleviate some of that. I run in ALOT of weeds, so have and always will have issues, but am fine with that as the places I run are great!!

Default Hi Skew

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    If somebody can sell the Hi Skew for 550......I think we're getting SKEWED allright..

Quote Originally Posted by emartens123 View Post
    If somebody can sell the Hi Skew for 550......I think we're getting SKEWED allright..
    Wow that's a "Hell" of a good buy that even beats my cost on them. We have a new 3 and 4 blade Hi-skew coming on line soon casted slightly different then stock impellers. The impeller blades will be thicker using a duplex stainless giving it more durability running very shallow waters.

Claude:

pretty sure that was not "off the shelf", not saying that I wouldnt have bought mine refurbished, but I didnt. 800 from riverside diversified through ebay.